Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Notmystationbro t1_jawuf4x wrote

Your 2 year old vehicle is already rusting

mlo9109 t1_jaxrk0u wrote

Yup! I just came back from Texas and saw 15+ year old cars without a spot of rust on them. It was remarkable.

Notmystationbro t1_jaxvh0a wrote

I split time between Denver and Maine and first year I was out there I saw a 1990ish Chevy Cavalier Z24 on the road and my mouth dropped. That vehicle in Maine would’ve been recycled into a lawn chair 20 years ago. Nothing rusts out there due to low humidity.

floralwhale t1_jb0f4wi wrote

I am from Texas and Colorado, and I'm still shocked that things rust. And how quickly they rust.

Genuine question- is there anything we should be doing about it? Our snowblower is only a year old and I noticed some rust on it. Is that a potential problem? Should we be storing it differently, or get something to remove the rust?

GraniteGeekNH t1_jaw3gwf wrote

This winter the Northeast isn't even in the same league with parts of the West in terms of snowfall, where multiple feet is the norm.

We must tip our hats to them - plaid hats with ear flaps, of course.

GottaUseFakeNames t1_jaxh0sk wrote

i went down a rabbit hole of what’s going on in Lake Arrowhead, CA. those poor bastards are going through it right now.

badhmorrigan t1_jayrjik wrote

Is that where 12 feet of snow fell in a couple weeks?

GottaUseFakeNames t1_jays3y4 wrote

they said 8 feet of snow in 6 days. plows haven’t even hit parts of the town yet. it’s a crazy scene

springer0510 t1_jay1jmo wrote

You speak in minutes not miles.

ekgobi t1_jayo1vg wrote

I'm from MA (been in Maine 16+ yrs) and I didn't realize measuring distance in minutes was unusual until I lived in SoCal for a year. Apparently it's just us New Englanders that do this!

floralwhale t1_jb0f8kw wrote

Isn't this an American thing? I've lived in TX, CO, and DC and never heard anyone talk in miles. Maybe just a coincidence in the states I've lived in.

Sufficient-Squash428 t1_jaxkzl9 wrote

you subscribe to Uncle Henry's, have an Irving Gas Card and a Gazetteer in your vehicle.

DidDunMegasploded t1_jax3vrp wrote

You're a "local restaurant" foodie and not a "chain restaurant" foodie.

swamper1989 t1_jawxt0j wrote

You think Taco Bell is real Mexican food.

DETRITUS_TROLL t1_jaxz0u4 wrote

Sadly that is not limited to Maine or even the northeast.

Though there are some fine examples of Mexican food in the state.

800grandave t1_jazqyfy wrote

Curious where. That was always one type of food i found lacking

DETRITUS_TROLL t1_jazyn03 wrote

El El Frijoles in Sargentville and Vazquez Mexican Takeout in Milbridge are two that I can personally vouch for.

I grew up in CO and spent many years in the southwest for whatever that’s worth.

Foreign-Host-1408 t1_jaw9wk3 wrote

+Directions turn into personal stories +Your neighbors snow blower(s)have nicknames +Weather convos come up constantly +You hear the word "YUNT" +The streets make no sense +When no security system understands sleazy west coast tactics of "success" +Five breweries with bros from Colorado open up next to each other near the sewage plant +"Don't eva touch a live wire, eva" +You know somebody, or loved somebody with an opioid problem derivative from the police force

Addiction hotline If you are wondering if you should call You should 6285291342

on-my-path t1_jawg7xw wrote

Wtf ??????

Foreign-Host-1408 t1_jawgcqx wrote

It's Mainer stuff Not that confusing honestly

moxie-maniac t1_jawjlkb wrote

The drink menu is comprised of two choices: Moxie or Allen’s Coffee Brandy, aka the champagne of Maine.

16F4 t1_jay15l5 wrote

That’s one choice if ya mix ‘em!

kintokae t1_jaxoia0 wrote

You start digging into thigh deep snow and still don’t find the roof rake. But I did A roof rake, just not the good one.

megamoose4 t1_jaxv1o0 wrote

You have multiple non-running vehicles is your front yard.

Frosty_Stage_1464 t1_jb0lno5 wrote

With four generations of family living under the same roof with intermittent electricity and scattered animals on the property

-Operator t1_jayda2q wrote

You go shopping in the middle of a blizzard

Quiet_Hornet_5506 t1_jaykoku wrote

And are surprised to find the store closed on arrival, since the roads weren't that greasy.

-Operator t1_jayt0fo wrote

Even after banging on all the doors and oblivious to the fact that there are no cars in the parking lot

niluac t1_jaybqpj wrote

Pelletier scratched your friggin truck

987nevertry t1_jay87in wrote

Everyone you know owns jumper cables.

steshaheats t1_jaza28o wrote

You give directions that include the phrase, “When the paved road ends…”

baxterstate t1_jayrtay wrote

you stop at a house with a front yard full of junk and realize they're not having a yard sale.

rectumish t1_jb0h3sk wrote

you find field mice while shoveling the snow in your dooryard.

stargarden44 t1_jb424y8 wrote

Your power goes out ever other week for 3 days at a time.