Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MaineKent t1_jd5x0pa wrote

May want to be careful fishing with that guy with the username he has. 😁

But seriously Maine has some great fishing. Certainly can be a great way to meet people as well. Good luck to you.

ghguyrur7 OP t1_jd5xszm wrote

If anyone is gonna teach me to fish who is better then a seasoned crazy sailor! Haha I’ve never tried but I’ve always wanted to, just never knew anything about it or how to get into it

MaineKent t1_jd60e16 wrote

That's the spirit!!

Good luck with it. Fishing is something I enjoy doing from time to time but either I am seriously cursed at it or I really suck at it. Never can even get a bite. But luckily it's something you don't have to be good at to enjoy.

Earthling1a t1_jd86jq4 wrote

I never got into fishing, but my uncle was literally the fish whisperer. He had a place on a small lake in NH (he's dead now, lived to 90+), and he had named the fish individually. He knew where to find each one, and would catch/release them just to maintain contact. He'd go out on a new lake and just sit for an hour watching, pull out some obscure lure, and in about three minutes land a gigantic bass or trout or whatever he was after. He would literally yell at the fish if they weren't biting, and they'd wake up and hit his line. It was amazing to watch. I miss that dude.

big_bertnor t1_jdps9xc wrote

That's the right way to fish. I wade, shore, estuary fish because I pack lite and cover some ground while casting. Bring binos or camera and bird, seal, whale sighting to boot. Rain, sun, snow it just makes it a different environment to experience.