Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Poopy_McPoop_Face t1_je30o6w wrote

Thanks for these ideas! I should have specified that I'm in the Portland area, but willing to drive a bit. I'll likely start checking out these groups this summer and see how it goes.

blainemoore t1_je31qfr wrote

I used to live in Portland; other than the back cove series I don't get there too often anymore.

My recommendations:

• Join the TMR email list, every Wednesday am email goes out with anything trail related for the next week (runs, races, challenges, etc.) There's a Facebook group as well, but the email has more regular info about upcoming runs.
  • Join the MTC Facebook group. There's an email list too, but more ad hoc runs are organized through Facebook and it's a good spot to ask.

I've heard good things about the pub runs if that is your thing, but they started after I left town and I haven't joined them.

Fleet Feet on marginal way is also a great resource; they have a paid run club and training programs for specific races that's another great resource for meeting people regularly. I used to help coach their program back when it was still Maine Running Company (stopped coaching almost a decade ago) but I'm still in touch with them regularly through the back cove series.