Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] OP t1_iqrs129 wrote

Capitalism has brought more people out of poverty than any system in the world. It is flawed but by no means is communism the answer.

−2

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqrtyio wrote

Tell that to all the homeless people starving in Bangor! I’m sure they’d love for you to go tell them how capitalism will lift them out of poverty as me and my party teach them how to grow food and urban forage as well as buying land to grow food for them

[deleted] OP t1_iqruxw3 wrote

I never said capitalism was perfect and would lift everyone out of poverty. I said capitalism has lifted more people out of poverty than any system in the world. That is a true statement

Communism has worked 0% of the times it was implemented. Any wealth or success they had was usually a result of another system before communism, then communism sucked it dry and destroyed it.

No system is perfect but to date capitalism (with some social programs) is our best option.

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqrzqki wrote

Then why is Cuba one of the highest nations in terms of literacy rate and they made there own COVID vaccine which was labeled “extremely effective” by outside sources not to mention other countries ask them for doctors such as South Africa

[deleted] OP t1_iqs2ax5 wrote

Do you see people from the u.s. crafting rafts and risking their lives to join such an amazing system?

Look at what people are escaping, and where they are escaping to. You are witnessing the will of the average citizen of those systems, not some watered down elevator pitch about why communism is so great.

−1

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqs5h6j wrote

Bro… there’s a literal sub called r/amerexit but sure people aren’t trying to get out of the US

[deleted] OP t1_iqs5ta9 wrote

They exiting and bringing all the wealth they made to a communist country?

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqs729q wrote

And also there’s mega threads on that sub for people trying to leave the US who have no money so I mean some people do

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqs6ehx wrote

Yeah buddy that’s usually how moving works yanno? You try to bring your possessions with you

[deleted] OP t1_iqs6lla wrote

your possessions? Don't you mean the states possessions? Those aren't yours anymore

−1

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqs79n9 wrote

That’s not how private property works lmao you’re just showing how ignorant you are to the whole thing, may I suggest reading?

[deleted] OP t1_iqs7g7y wrote

There is no private property in communism. Do you not know this?

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqs7xxw wrote

Yeah as in you can’t own a business or anything that you can use to exploit other people, it has no bearing on personal property which would be things such as belongings

[deleted] OP t1_iqs8s78 wrote

Do you think you can own a home under communism?

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqs8zm7 wrote

Mf you think people are packing their houses with them when they move?

[deleted] OP t1_iqs975c wrote

I don't think you have an understanding of wealth creation or personal property.

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqs9cj6 wrote

Answer, right now do you own a house under capitalism? Since it so good you should have one right?

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqs9gkx wrote

I mean I don’t own a house? My parent don’t own theirs? Mf sucking capitalism off when you have no capital lmao

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqs93ne wrote

Do you own a house under capitalism?

Redleaves1313 t1_iqtccu5 wrote

Go watch Dr. Zhivago, a great movie, and also a little insight into early communism.

Kiddie_Kleen t1_iqs5lzg wrote

Also people aren’t really fleeing from Cuba anymore that was all the slave owners after Fidel took over