Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_isv4txs wrote

Reply to comment by priceless37 in Stop The Corruption by sillychillly

I'm not a Republican, or a Democrat. I am not easily placed into categories for easy digestion.

I just doubt the Democrats are going to win, their election results are terrible.

And that platform would be nice, wouldn't it? Not even the Dems would dare run on that, pretending otherwise is just echo chamber mentality.

−1

priceless37 t1_isv7idt wrote

No they run on things to fix the economy like legalizing marijuana and taxing the rich

[deleted] t1_isv9t9f wrote

They didn't legalize anything, the country has been fighting this for at least a decade straight.

They tax property owners, the rich avoid taxes.

priceless37 t1_isvdmt9 wrote

Most states have sone form of legal. It’s only a matter of people trying to help the Economy vs republicans trying to stymie anything productive that will help inflation. States with legal marijuana are raking in the tax money. Property tax is a local tax not federal. Lepage wants to have towns raise property taxes by getting rid of the income tax. You don’t seem to understand how our tax system works…….democrats would fix the tax cuts republicans like trump made for himself and his rich friends.

I see rich democrats like gates, Cuban and soros saying that they should pay more taxes. Reality vs republican propaganda

[deleted] t1_isvfwh9 wrote

Democrats can run for Town and state government too. I don't need a tax lesson from you, thanks. Maine is 20 years in the past, and the county has a median age of 48. Democrats are doing nothing for the state.

​

I'm sorry, but you could argue this all day, but the Democrats are under performing midterms, that doesn't change that fact. There's no way Biden will beat Trump, and if he gets jailed, you're dealing with Desantis.

It just won't happen, I'm sorry.

priceless37 t1_isvirnx wrote

LOL. Both of those dudes are criminals…. Why do republicans like to vote for criminals? Telling, very telling.

Anyone who still supports trump should seriously consider mental health care . To deny the facts at this point is denying reality…… mental health care is needed. Hell trumpers drank their own piss to stop Covid. Mental health care is needed…….

[deleted] t1_isvjvbh wrote

Biden has the US landing troops in Somalia and bombing them. Pretty sure they're all criminals.

Sorry, but it's not smart to alienate 76 million people because they voted for someone else. You literally have to get along with these people in society.

It's messed up that people don't realize that.

priceless37 t1_isvlf6d wrote

We have tried to get along. Democrats try to compromise but republicans are not willing to do that. 76 million people…. Many died due to Covid and drinking their own piss as a cure, others have realized what a criminal trump actually is. We still have the stupid, but the republicans have also pissed off woman and men who have a conscience so their numbers are waning.

Good luck. Maine will have mills, and golden representing us.

[deleted] t1_isvzngs wrote

You know, never mind.

Golden is not winning at all. Mills will be fine most likely.

priceless37 t1_isx1rl8 wrote

Yeah cause Poliquin is a man the republicans can get behind…… LOL. Why do the republicans keep running the sane tired candidates???

[deleted] t1_isxcvpn wrote

Maine is unique in that everyone is older, and the younger generation is leaving. So we like to recycle the same old crap, over, and over again trying to relive the old days.

priceless37 t1_isvqxsb wrote

Republicans planning to cut social security and Medicare aren’t endearing them to their largest voting block, old people…… since Maine has so many old people how come we have a democratic governor and representatives? I don’t think trump and the right has the support you think it does. Early voting in Georgia is encouraging for the blue.

[deleted] t1_isvzevv wrote

The Democrats funded MAGA Republicans themselves as a political strategy.

Why is Maine behind on everything if we have Democrats in charge? I mean, subsidizing real estate property with tax payer funded solar farms for foreign investors, that was interesting to hear.

Yeah, Georgia is totally going Blue.

Sorry Repubs have mostly been voted in on town levels, and they have rearranged a lot of the voting districts across the country. But I am glad you're positive.

priceless37 t1_isvzu08 wrote

Wow that first conspiracy tells me everything I need to know, check out reality sometime. Unfortunately republicans keep voting against mental health help because they want to keep their sheep compliant. Good boy.