Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

crypto_crypt_keeper t1_iv1abwb wrote

Might be cheaper in some areas but maybe not Portland definitely not ski towns usually they have high rates based on school vacations. Actually in Portland I'd recommend coming on Monday and leaving Friday morning because the difference in hotel room price between Thursday and Friday can be as much as 400$ or maybe more. I just looked at a room for last Saturday and it was 700 something Saturday but only like 274$ during the week

Euphoric_Routine_438 OP t1_iv1ew3n wrote

I’ve got it all priced out and feel confident about that part, more concerned with the weather/what the experience will be like when we get there!

crypto_crypt_keeper t1_iv3aagj wrote

Ah ok I see. Portland cleans up nice from storms but there is a ton of slush always (old streets) def have some waterproof shoes.

Euphoric_Routine_438 OP t1_iva33cz wrote

Went ahead and booked! You raise a good point though. I’m sure this is a cop-out with what I’ve heard about some of the smaller boutique hotels in the area, but I’m a Marriott guy and will be paying mostly in points. Any thoughts on the location/general niceness level of either the Westin or the AC hotel? Westin looks essentially to be in the core of downtown, although again I have no idea what I’m talking about

crypto_crypt_keeper t1_iva3ww5 wrote

So I go into Portland twice a week, once for a run and once with my teenage daughter because she loves the city and we just walk around, usually get dinner. The Westin is right next to the parking garage I use everytime so short answer is yes you nailed it on the head haha. That's a great area, tons of restaurants within eyesight even but even more options with in short walking distance. you guys are going to have a good time no doubt. Like I said though bring the best boots ya got. As far as the AC hotel, it's a great location as well it's closer to the wharf and stuff but either location is prime