Submitted by KeithMaine t3_1002wq7 in Maine

Serious question! Does anybody feel Poland spring water doesn’t taste like it used to. My fiancé says I’m crazy but I feel it doesn’t taste like it used to.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

lipsticknic3 t1_j2f8qb9 wrote

Fuck me , but Nestlé (one of their companies) owns Poland Springs now.

So that.

Okay I have no research I just hate nestle and now I guess Poland Springs too

It's likely chemical contaminants, after a brief Google search. Seems like ps has been in and out of court for lawsuits regarding where the water actually comes from and stuff like that

ETA fuck me running I'm dead wrong

−9

hike_me t1_j2fbnvu wrote

Water is now sourced from all over western Maine for Poland Springs water. It does not all come from the same source, so it’s very possible it tastes different depending on the water source your bottle came from. There isn’t much that’s special about it, it’s basically the same water as what you can get from a well most anywhere in Maine.

Guygan t1_j2fd693 wrote

Don't drink bottled water. It's a huge waste, and a scam.

chocoruamt t1_j2fh8xm wrote

A lot of it is Hollis well water, which is not where it used to come from. So you are correct.

Elouiseotter t1_j2fn9vi wrote

I agree that bottles water isn’t great on multiple levels, but depending on where someone lives it might be necessary. I currently live in Pittsburgh and we have issues with lead and other contaminants in the water. It’s night and day better Maine water quality and Pittsburgh.

fLux3303 t1_j2fpla8 wrote

Try not to support the criminals at Nestle. Got a decent water filter and draw from a well if you can.