Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

010kindsofpeople t1_j2cheev wrote

Reply to comment by Psychological-Bear-9 in Feel safe by Kazbob48

I'm from a shitty neighborhood in California originally. I obsessively lock my house and car doors, even if only leaving for a moment. My Mainer friends think it's weird. Can't take the Slater Slums outta this boy.

dedoubt t1_j2ciss1 wrote

You have house keys???

I always have to remind myself to lock my car when I visit family in NH. Even in their small town, my car would be empty by morning.

010kindsofpeople t1_j2ckfl4 wrote

I actually drilled my doors for deadbolts when I bought my house. I couldn't imagine not having deadbolts with big strike plates and long long screws into reenforced studs. I know, it's silly, but I've done this on every place I've lived. It's been a great list: LA, NYC, Oakland, Baltimore... Heh

MAD_WRX t1_j2dvuql wrote

One of the 1st things I did when I bought my house.

t2ktill t1_j2dzz3j wrote

Holey shit i did exactly the same grew up in boston and providence. Lmfao

curtludwig t1_j2dgy9w wrote

Don't keep anything of value in your car. A broken window in a car sucks forever

Antnee83 t1_j2d6chg wrote

For me (grew up in detroit) it was seeing bikes casually left in people's front yards. That shit does NOT happen there. Ganked in an instant.

Psychological-Bear-9 t1_j2dng2g wrote

Man, I can't tell you how often people poke fun at me for constantly locking my car and apartment out of habit after it being a necessity for about four years. I could be at a friends house in the middle of the woods, or running into a gas station for five minutes, and it's still getting locked to this day.

DidDunMegasploded t1_j2dy6ux wrote

I was raised in NJ for 3 years, been in Maine for over 20. I have family that works in law. It was just common sense to keep our doors locked at all times. Can't really trust anyone around here, especially nowadays.

Shilo788 t1_j2fvy5h wrote

Yet I lived in NJ ,PA and Maine in small towns and had to look for the keys when I sold my houses as we never used them.except when we went on vacation for weeks. Each area has its on character.

saintalvis t1_j2euk8q wrote

Not uncommon to see cars running at gas stations or supermarkets and people get food or shoot the shit.