Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Mainah888 t1_j1at2i9 wrote

I'm afraid to ask, but how much? I have 2 completely unused fireplaces aching for an insert.

Guygan OP t1_j1ate0s wrote

About $6k installed.

Worth every penny honestly.

Mainah888 t1_j1axq9z wrote

>QuadraFire Castile

I know, oh I know. It's just, $6k is a big chunk. Plus whatever chimney lining or whatever.
The first place would be the basement, where my office is. Has a short section of baseboard heat, but NO insulation at all, and it's cold down there. I figure the heat would work its way up, and I'd have a warm basement to build a bar in.

Guygan OP t1_j1aypcl wrote

$6k included the chimney liner. It’s just a 3” stainless flex pipe that goes up to the flue cap.

Technical-Role-4346 t1_j1be9zv wrote

I bought a used Quadrafire 1200i and love it. Mine is in the basement family room. Had to use a small box fan to blow cooler air into the room to get the heat to go upstairs. Tried a fan at the top of the doorway but it didn't work as well. The stainless chimney liner (Z-Flex brand) - 25 foot of 4" liner including cap and hardware was $180 from a Maine plumbing supplier.

modifiedchoke t1_j1k58pw wrote

We have a Quadrafire Mt. Vernon and it looks exactly like this only with a flat finish. Runs great! We got it used and inserted for around 2k back in 2009/2010.