Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

z-eldapin t1_j6k1hod wrote

Faster beer service

masktoobig OP t1_j6k49ms wrote

I'm literally watching the servers getting priority on their drinks. So, that's not it. Good guess though.

−6

z-eldapin t1_j6k978i wrote

That's why we do it.

While service 'bar' may get faster drinks, it's still happening while the servers are helping several other tables.

Bar service for apps and drinks is infinitely faster than table service for the same

800grandave t1_j6kl6zw wrote

…may be thr case in your current situation. but that is, in fact, why people sit at the bar. wasnt really a guess

Slice-O-Pie t1_j6k30o8 wrote

You know why you like sitting at the bar?

That's why they like sitting at the bar.

masktoobig OP t1_j6k40gm wrote

You didn't read my explanation. Thanks for participating. :P

−10

ZingZongZaddy t1_j6k66sv wrote

Sitting at the bar allows them to bypass the hostess and any wait times.

houndshmix t1_j6k8xj8 wrote

Also super annoying to have restaurants taking reservations for bar seats.

Sir_Drinks_Alot22 t1_j6k6zgo wrote

I’ll sit at the bar with me and two other people max. Anymore than that your yelling down a line of people to talk to the group and it’s probably annoying as fuck for people seated around you.

800grandave t1_j6klb1f wrote

somehow this couldnt have just existed as a sentence that op simply said inside his head. thinking, they call it

alpha417 t1_j6k5bj5 wrote

go and ask them?

−1

Darcola123 t1_j6k5u8h wrote

Faster drink service, feeling cool, etc.

It's a bit of a dick move, and takes away from more than just other customers. I'm the house musician for two local breweries and contract to three others in my area, and between sets it's best to be able to place an order really quickly. Large groups ordering 6 or 7 drinks at a time make that impossible and it's pretty inconsiderate to the bar tender.

That's my personal, rather selfish, issue with it but all around I'm not a fan.

−1

Tronbronson t1_j6k67dp wrote

I guess it depends if you came there to dine or get drunk. Maybe people want to get drunk. I have noticed the same thing a single bar sitter. I just stopped going out because I could no longer count on that stray bar seat anymore.

−2

feina635 t1_j6k7umj wrote

If customers want to sit at the bar, and theres availability, let them sit down. The environment at the bar is always different than sitting at a table, as is the service. If the place is super busy, I know i've done the 2 people sit, 2 people stand move and hang out.
Ive done 4 at a bar before, but you gotta either be on the corner, which is perfect for four, or it's your only option. 3 max.

−2