Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

3490goat t1_j5vatuc wrote

It really shouldn’t be about party. If he violated laws then he needs to be held accountable. There is no place in government for people who violate the public trust in the institutions of government.

yeyakattack OP t1_j5vbmdq wrote

I’ll look for this comment the next time I see an article about a republican. Spoiler alert, it won’t be there.

−1

3490goat t1_j5vf1mv wrote

Ummm, that’s the exact thing I say about all politicians. Hold them to a high standard and hold them accountable when they fall short. Are you a troll?

iglidante t1_j5waer9 wrote

>I’ll look for this comment the next time I see an article about a republican. Spoiler alert, it won’t be there.

Are you saying that Democrats don't call for Republican politicians who break the law to be punished?

FragilousSpectunkery t1_j5whbsu wrote

Remember that AG in S Dakota that killed a pedestrian while driving his car and using his phone to check emails? His name is South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg. He was impeached and tossed out of his office. It's not about party, it's about doing the right thing.

That said, it's remarkably easy to say "of course they did it, since otherwise our party would look bad." Just like you said about the PPH making hay for some Democrat. Stop saying shit like that, stop guessing motives. Stop using a reporter's or editor's decision in phrasing to justify YOUR bias. Just be the person who starts with "Good, they deserved it" and let it go with that. That is what you are hearing a bunch of people doing in this thread, and yet you persist in "I'll believe it when I see it." It's you. You are the problem.

Substantial-Treat-99 t1_j5whx89 wrote

What won’t be there is Republican leadership and Republican voters wanting to hold someone with an R next to their name accountable.