Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ChazmasterG t1_j4o5waz wrote

I know you said Bangor, but KRE/King Real Estate. They are hands down the WORST management company in Southern Maine. They scam you during the application, lie to you constantly, will NEVER come to fix your stuff, and gooooood luck getting your security deposit back. It is my life's mission to make sure nobody else falls prey to their bullshit

slut-cemetery OP t1_j4o7r31 wrote

Omg that sounds like my current management place. It's been a nightmare. Keeping deposits is the biggest concern I have because it's usually equivalent to an entire fucking month of rent. I would just be livid if I was robbed of 1200 when it was supposed to be a damn deposit that you get back.

teeceeinthewoods t1_j4oa78k wrote

There are pretty specific rules they have to follow. They have 30 days to give you your deposit back or send a letter that details why they're keeping your deposit.

The amount of rent due and the cost of repairs for any damages caused by the tenant can be retained. However, if any portion of the security deposit is retained, the landlord must provide written notice to the tenant, itemizing the reasons for the withholding of any part of the security deposit. Landlords are not permitted to retain any part of the security deposit for normal wear and tear.

If a landlord fails to return the security deposit to the tenant without legal reason to do so, the tenant can commence legal action against the landlord. If the court rules against the landlord, the landlord is liable for double the amount of the withheld security deposit, plus court costs and reasonable attorney fees of the tenant.

Dr_Clout t1_j4pjhi5 wrote

King sucks my muthafuckin $@&@. My gf and purchased a condo a couple years back in southern maine from them. The ENTIRE street is owned by King and all the units talk shit. We pay $125 a month HOA fee and these mofo hardly ever comes to shovel or plow.

You should seriously see the photos I took of our lawn this year. Company sucks and takes 0 pride in themselves as people. Even the landscaping company sucks he works with/I get that’s probably not king but it’s who he contracts! 1 fuckin kid with a mower constantly smoking his vape in a hoody. I vape too dude but it’s 90 fuckin degrees in July and you’re workin bro. 24/7

Sir_Drinks_Alot22 t1_j4qykpk wrote

I always wanted to find other people that bought homes by them to see what problems they have had. Ours are pretty bad. Talked to some lawyers it’s impossible to sue they know everyone the lawyers we talked too won’t take it because of business conflicts or they know them. His brother is their lawyer so go figure.

ChazmasterG t1_j4shm3u wrote

Me and my girlfriend lived in one of their apartment units in Sanford. Every door weighed like a quarter pound because they were made out of literally reinforced cardboard. One day the back door handle literally fell off, both sides just crashed to the ground leaving a big hole in the door. Took them a month and a half to come fix it. Washer started leaking one day so I emailed them 3 times over the course of the week, it took me saying "hey its YOUR building that this water is leaking into not mine, come fix it or don't, I don't give a shit" for them to come fix it. The walls literally only had primer on them, no paint. They never plowed the parking lot. They had electronic locks on the front door to the building but never gave out a code for them, so they were inevitably locked one day and nobody knew how to get them open. Just an absolute clown show through and through. If I could be given one wish in life, it would be for king weinstein to have to huf each and every one of my farts right out of my asshole. Absolute total scum of the earth slumlord, a total waste of skin.

Sir_Drinks_Alot22 t1_j4t1smh wrote

They must have people that have no idea how to even install door knobs. Both our front door and back door ones fell right off with me just opening the doors. Siding blows off in the slightest wind storm. Wooden beam is already rotted out because water wasn’t diverted properly. Had flooding due to piss poor grading. Retaining wall on the verge of collapse and more. Cheap ass fucks that have code inspectors in their pockets.