Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TimothyOilypants t1_j7fmi9u wrote

If it's urgent, go to urgent care; otherwise stop whinging. The world is full of millions of people more important than you, deal with it.

−12

Guygan t1_j7fneli wrote

Would you have preferred that they told you once you’d arrived?

Doctors have emergencies and illnesses, too. And doctors offices also have staffing issues. If you take every personal inconvenience as a personal affront, maybe look inwards.

Henbogle t1_j7fqdwq wrote

I was so happy the day my doc told me he was leaving Martin’s Point. I followed to the new practice and we are both happier.

TimothyOilypants t1_j7fqkyp wrote

Quietly and momentarily frustrated to myself about the mild inconvenience? Maybe.

Frustrated enough to whine on the internet like a petulant entitled brat? That's a no from me dawg.

If you work in healthcare, how likely do you think it is they've canceled that appointment just for kicks, or for no good reason?

−2

DidDunMegasploded t1_j7fsm50 wrote

Martin's Point, like every other hospital and doctor's office in Maine, is short-staffed and swamped with patients. If that wasn't the case, they would have called you beforehand.

This has never happened to me and I've been with them for well over a decade. I wouldn't go anywhere else but Martin's Point. Lighten up and be understanding.

March also isn't bad for a reschedule, either. It's a good sign that stuff is easing up juuuuust a little on the scheduling front.

Mikerm3 t1_j7ft21c wrote

my expectations for scheduling vs. rescheduling are very different. if i called to schedule an appointment i wouldn’t be surprised by any date they gave me, but canceled appointments i would expect to be rescheduled a lot faster.

to be fair - my brain is still in january so march also seemed like forever away

Sure_Crew7789 t1_j7fvl2o wrote

Quite a few times, lots of disorganization in these organizations. Lotta double/triple booking, docs deciding just to not come in, docs showing up late, staff not being available. He’s not being a petulant child, our healthcare is fucked. And they do shit and promise shit that doesn’t happen. The amount of times I’ve had admin and docs promise shit and absolutely not follow through over and over and over is huge. Believe it or not, tons of apts we have to cancel comes down to blatant disorganization by the docs/admin and accepting WAY too many patients for more money. Just saying

GhostOfLords t1_j7fyfpy wrote

So who gets their appointments canceled to have yours sooner?

Having worked on the other side of the scheduling desk it’s frustrating to tell patients that they have to go a ways out but doctors schedules are tightly packed.

Mooshtonk t1_j7fzuso wrote

You sound like an asshole. Stop complaining.

−1

TimothyOilypants t1_j7ggvcz wrote

Don't get me (a Canadian) wrong, the healthcare in this country IS about as fucked up as you can get while still calling yourself a first world nation. That said, I can't think of a single problem other than a dry shirt that crying like a baby has ever solved...

Did he think someone here was going to get his appointment rescheduled sooner? The effort spent here looking for company for his misery could have been better spent trying to solve the actual problem.

GhostOfLords t1_j7gin1s wrote

It sucks but if the doctor woke up with COVID or the flu or needing a root canal, it didn’t matter how far in advance you scheduled your appointment.

Your choices are move to a different doctor, move to a different practice or ask to see someone else sooner.

Majestic-Feedback541 t1_j7gji9y wrote

You are aware even drs get sick and have to call out sometimes, right? Sometimes, there just isn't another Dr about to cover those appointments so the only possible solution is to reschedule. Maybe something more drastic happened to your doctor, like a death in their immediate family or they were injured in an accident, or any other thing that would impair their care to their patients.

It is annoying, to you as a patient with medical needs, absolutely. No doubt about it.

Either way, have some damn compassion or something. We're all perfectly flawed human beings.

On the other hand, if the rescheduling of appointments becomes a common thing, you can look around for a different doctor. Your wait time may be extended still.

Sure_Crew7789 t1_j7goswg wrote

So you’re in Canada bitching at someone pissed about our healthcare. 🤦‍♂️ Have you ever thought maybe this guy has had a lot of bad experiences with Martin’s Point? I literally answered your question showing you the bad side snd you still call him a whiney bitch?

Stay in your Canadian lane guy

fredezz t1_j7gpzg4 wrote

Keep complaining. Do not accept poor customer service and lack of staffing as the new normal.

−1

TimothyOilypants t1_j7hovyv wrote

Who said I was in Canada? Critical thinking not among your strengths I see...

You're a little whiny too... Interesting that you've complained about every aspect and member of your industry except those in your low level role... I'm sure you have all the answers to "solve" healthcare for America, if only folks would listen to the lowly nurses!