Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Majestic-Feedback541 t1_ja5s8nd wrote

People that live here are growing/producing/smoking weed. As much as I dislike the newcomers, telling them not to move here won't decrease the amount of weed available or usage.

You really should only have to explain that to your kids once and revisit/answer questions as they grow more curious. I promise you, the legalization has little effect of the appeal of weed to minors. If that were the case, in the late 90s/early 2000s I would have never touched it when it was illegal. Kids will be kids, they'll experiment, just like you did when you were young (don't lie, weed, alcohol, drugs in general, we've all been there). We can only hope to teach our kids enough to make smart choices, and never drive while under the influence. It's kind of up to the kids to take in that lesson or learn the hard way.

MikeLowrey305 OP t1_ja5v9ca wrote

Thanks for the Majestic-Feedback! LOL!

I'm just one person so it's not like I'm trying to exploit & corner the industry or anything. I just want to do something I love & I'm good at while making a decent living. Besides i'd be more worried about the people on prescription drugs & or alcohol!

Majestic-Feedback541 t1_ja5wkvi wrote

No problem! People are so ignorant when it comes to weed anyways, they always have been. It just makes me hungry and tired, personally. Also relives some of my back pain. Allows me to feel the music and be less anxious.

I don't advocate to minors using it or driving around while high, but I'm not dumb enough to think neither of those happen, regardless of legalities and/or parental preferences. I mean, as a teen I smoked and drove around, part of being young and dumb. I can only hope my kiddo makes better choices than me. (Kiddos already against smoking so that's good. I do tell 'em the worst thing you can do is start we were discussing cigarettes, and thinks weed smells horrible- lots of growers about, it smells awfully skunky sometimes 😂)

And definitely prescription drugs and alcohol addictions are way worse!

vikingenvy t1_ja6196f wrote

Marijuana addicts are so adorable

−13

sledbelly t1_ja7y9ke wrote

It’s cannabis

Marijuana is propaganda

vikingenvy t1_ja7zubd wrote

Isn’t “cannabis” an intentional bit of rebranding and propaganda from the industry? I mean it cures everything and has no health or societal consequences. Amirite?

−2

sledbelly t1_ja8fmi3 wrote

No, marijuana was propaganda, racist propaganda if we’re being specific.

You should really educate yourself on cannabis if you’re educating anyone else on it. Otherwise, you’re just speaking to your children from a place of ignorance.