Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dsarma t1_j9f1ih1 wrote

Ok what is going on with that mini dude on the right? The arrangement and the letters on there make me think kidnapper ransom note.

JRufer OP t1_j9f3b8j wrote

I'm a southpaw PC gamer, so I use my right hand for keyboard controls. This is a layout I set up in VIA that mimics the left side of a standard keyboard so that I have standard WASD controls and right to left layout for the rest of the keys. This minimizes the number of keys I need to rebind in every PC game, before I can play.

It also gives me a nice thumb cluster of custom keys that I can easily access, as well as one column of keys to the right of WASD, for my pinky to easily hit. Those are just easy to rebind as well.

dsarma t1_j9f3mpx wrote

That makes so much sense! This way you can use it like a controller instead of faffing about with your keyboard itself.

JRufer OP t1_j9f4clm wrote

Exactly! This is basically a game pad that allows me to use mostly out of the box key layouts in games. I only have to make a few custom key assignments as apposed to remapping every key in every game.

AutoModerator t1_j9d1cwj wrote

ANY content that features products, services you sell, your prototypes in progress or items you were sponsored to post MUST use the Promotional flair, with disclosure of who you represent.

When posting your build, please provide a description of the build, preferably as a Top Level Comment or Reply to this Comment, with the following information:

• Your keyboard featured and its layout

• The Switches, Keycaps, and Other Accessories Featured

• Any notable mods you performed

• Other helpful information such as low profile, lesser known firmware, etc.

Example: Unobtanium Southpaw 1800 with DSA Salt with MorningCaps Artisan and Alps Rainbow Switches, modded with Sorbothan Foam on KMK

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

JRufer OP t1_j9d315r wrote

Left:
Swift65
pom plate
Durock T1 tactile switches
GMK Monokai Material caps

Right:
Half Iris Ergo Split
POM plate
Durock T1 tactile switches
GMK Dracula caps

DeltaHub Small felt desk-pad

andycandy17 t1_j9dmwbg wrote

Alright, I gotta ask, where did you get the POM plate for the iris? I have the stainless steel and the FR4 plate and been using the stainless steel one for a while now. I love POM and I would love to get one for my Iris (rev6).

And is that the aluminum case as well? Damn thing looks so good my man!

JRufer OP t1_j9dvteb wrote

I had to make it myself. If you search Amazon for "Othmaro White pom plastic sheet" you can order a sheet of 5 mm * 200 mm * 200 mm. I used a belt sander to whittle it down to roughly 2 mm thick. Then the steel plate was my template. I used a fine tip soldering iron to carefully cut the sheet. It took a lot of time and sanding to get it to size. It was a huge pain. In hindsight, I should have used a laser cutter, but I didn't have access to one at the time.

As for the case, yes, that is the aluminum case. I color matched the Swift65 as best I could and airbrushed the entire thing with a metallic paint and then a few layers of clear coat. It isn't perfect, but it is close enough that under normal light they look nearly identical.

I'm really proud of how it all turned out. I ordered the GMK Dracula v2 set and when it comes in I will use it on the Swift so they both match key sets as well.

RazercakeTV t1_j9d3no3 wrote

I'm more curious about the big ass knob

JRufer OP t1_j9d4m1h wrote

It's cheap plastic volume controller. I broke my nice DB1 Pro when I was trying to reassemble it after anodizing. 😔