Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

andycandy17 t1_j9dmwbg wrote

Alright, I gotta ask, where did you get the POM plate for the iris? I have the stainless steel and the FR4 plate and been using the stainless steel one for a while now. I love POM and I would love to get one for my Iris (rev6).

And is that the aluminum case as well? Damn thing looks so good my man!

JRufer OP t1_j9dvteb wrote

I had to make it myself. If you search Amazon for "Othmaro White pom plastic sheet" you can order a sheet of 5 mm * 200 mm * 200 mm. I used a belt sander to whittle it down to roughly 2 mm thick. Then the steel plate was my template. I used a fine tip soldering iron to carefully cut the sheet. It took a lot of time and sanding to get it to size. It was a huge pain. In hindsight, I should have used a laser cutter, but I didn't have access to one at the time.

As for the case, yes, that is the aluminum case. I color matched the Swift65 as best I could and airbrushed the entire thing with a metallic paint and then a few layers of clear coat. It isn't perfect, but it is close enough that under normal light they look nearly identical.

I'm really proud of how it all turned out. I ordered the GMK Dracula v2 set and when it comes in I will use it on the Swift so they both match key sets as well.