Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

badguy84 t1_j9amgry wrote

IMHO it's really nice. I do a ton of typing day in and day out, and the position you can take with a split keyboard is so much more relaxed, your shoulders aren't tensed and your arms can just naturally point forward.

If you touch type it's really easy to adapt to a split keyboard.

Gaming gets a bit awkward, but most of that is due to the reduced number of keys. This board has no function keys and a reduced bottom row, which means you fiddle a bit with where to place ctrl/shift/alt/tab/tilde/esc which is more pronounced in video games.

Any way I guess it depends on what you use your keyboard for day to day and how you use it.

P.S. it's great when you have cats who love to sit right in front of you: you can just move the halves and still type just fine while receiving kisses.

Wemmsie OP t1_j9b5lud wrote

>P.S. it's great when you have cats who love to sit right in front of you: you can just move the halves and still type just fine while receiving kisses.

Clearly the only reason I got a split. Kitty comfort top priority.

kuntau t1_j9atbmj wrote

But... Can you have GF sit in the middle though?

badguy84 t1_j9atoc4 wrote

absolutely and you can receive/provide all the kisses in the world from/to your partner and still touch type with both hands just fine.

kapkapkaap t1_j9izz31 wrote

I don't think at that position, my hands are on the keyboard. I am sure is away from keyboard.