Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

gingus418 OP t1_j9y6qij wrote

Some of you may remember my first post about my erstwhile qk60: https://reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/yjmzyg/first_custom_board_ordered_package_stolen_fml/

Package never arrived, etc. etc.

Well all things worked out in the end. QK did me right and had another board sent. They’ve also been super helpful in helping me try to sort out some quirks and even sent a replacement PCB in the process. Would definitely buy from them again. Super fast shipping, super responsive team.

Anyway, onto the board:

Board: QK60, white base, chroma weight, clear acrylic top.

Layout: HHKB

Keycaps: PBTFans Kabuki-Cho

Stabs: OWLSTABS, lubed w/ Krytox 205g0

Switches: Gazzew Boba U4T

Foam: case foam, pe foam, plate foam

Pic of the chroma: https://i.imgur.com/k6bF6BR.jpg

heygos t1_j9z1m7p wrote

Well chosen cap set. I have an arisu layout with the same clear / cap set.

gingus418 OP t1_ja50591 wrote

You like the Arisu layout? Enjoying the HHKB layout a lot but definitely think there’s opportunity to go a bit more ergo in the future.

heygos t1_ja52osa wrote

Saying yes would be a bit of an understatement if I’m honest hah. I was sort of forced into ergo because of arthritis in two of my fingers on each hand; where using a traditional board was not as comfortable.

For me, it’s much more comfortable and keeps your hands in that natural more relaxed position. With Arisu I have my arrow keys and more than enough buttons for custom / macros.

gingus418 OP t1_ja5x1qm wrote

well, I suppose that's at least an improvement over the standard layout then, right? Sounds like you found a way to make your computing more manageable for the day-to-day.

heygos t1_ja7ciny wrote

Yea, I would def agree with that.

AutoModerator t1_j9y60qo wrote

ANY content that features products, services you sell, your prototypes in progress or items you were sponsored to post MUST use the Promotional flair, with disclosure of who you represent.

When posting your build, please provide a description of the build, preferably as a Top Level Comment or Reply to this Comment, with the following information:

• Your keyboard featured and its layout

• The Switches, Keycaps, and Other Accessories Featured

• Any notable mods you performed

• Other helpful information such as low profile, lesser known firmware, etc.

Example: Unobtanium Southpaw 1800 with DSA Salt with MorningCaps Artisan and Alps Rainbow Switches, modded with Sorbothan Foam on KMK

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

reinvent3d t1_ja0x2sm wrote

I really enjoy my QK60 as well. I went for the WKL, and am kind of regretting it because of how much I actually use the windows key. I wish the other QK boards had an option for a transparent top too!

You mentioned having some quirks which resulted in a new PCB. Is it the tri-mode PCB? Or wired only?

gingus418 OP t1_ja0z2vj wrote

Tri-mode. For whatever reason, my board will wake my computer from sleep with a key press but once my comp is awake, it becomes non-responsive when it’s in wired mode. Cycling modes or hotplugging it wakes the board but I don’t have this issue when it’s in BT or 2.4 mode. Swapping the PCB didn’t fix it though so I think it must be an issue between the firmware and macOS.

cool_shibe t1_ja2keq0 wrote

Kabuki-Cho always looks good on PC and acrylic