Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Sihdhenidon t1_jea1yhm wrote

More interested in the rest of the room than the keebs tbh, that looks like an amazing space to be in

Poschta t1_jeafnov wrote

That's one slim setup you got there! Does that secondary screen work well for you? Seems like you're looking at it at an extreme angle!

That backdrop is super cool, I'd like something like that for myself ugh

Due-Chocolate-6666 t1_jebcddp wrote

Tysm for the link!!!

headed2shredded OP t1_jebd6iu wrote

Naw its not bad. Actually great. I wanted to do the more with less to make it a challenge and it’s just there for extra Random info, I barely use it.

jccpalmer t1_je9yn9u wrote

A little crowded for my taste, but I love how you color coordinated the controllers and keyboards. Very nice.

etanisaqt t1_je9yrlw wrote

whats the alice? base?

headed2shredded OP t1_jeads95 wrote

AKKO ‘s Alice Pro: planet of the ape’s themed caps

Curious-Source-9368 t1_jedxp78 wrote

Are you satisfied with the AKKO Alice pro base ? I’m torn between that and the keychron

headed2shredded OP t1_jeea57t wrote

Never used a Keychron… I would still go with AKKO, Cool little badge on the back, semi transparent, lol graphic tape mode included. Crazy flex with or w/o the provided foams… it’s a good deal IMO

diggee t1_jeajmfp wrote

of the 5 keyboards, at least 3 appear to have different profile keycaps, so let me ask, which profile is your favorite and why?

headed2shredded OP t1_jeb799q wrote

Unfortunately it’s cherry! I want to be weird but they feel like home.

Bacon-80 t1_jear9o7 wrote

I’m more interested in the lamp - is that a tree branch with a wire going through (?) it??? I love that & your moss wall!

headed2shredded OP t1_jeavpw1 wrote

Lol yea! Routes out the back and bought the lamp from the dollar store. Weirdly enough the light bulb is one of the most expensive things in my setup

Phlebotanist t1_jecapd1 wrote

Can I ask how you routed the cable? It seems like hollowing the angled branch would be hard. A long drill bit?

headed2shredded OP t1_jecb33t wrote

Reply hand router. Seems scary in retrospect but I remember it not being as hard as one would think. And chiseled the angled areas

s0nnyc t1_je9yvr7 wrote

love it, has the cottage feeling connected with forest

chocolateshartcicle t1_jeafn2q wrote

Is that real moss? I want a mossy wall

dumb_answers_only t1_jeahjvh wrote

We both asked now, they have to answer!!!

headed2shredded OP t1_jeavccl wrote

I’m sorry for the late response. Naw it’s just faux moss from micheals on some card stock. The wood around it is a bed frame my neighbors were throwing it out. Cost about 15 bucks all together

extreme303 t1_jebo2f2 wrote

You can get real preserved moss pretty easy and make a wall piece with it.

JTManual t1_jebnd6w wrote

Took it to heart when they kept saying to touch grass did ya

AutoModerator t1_je9weyq wrote

ANY content that features products, services you sell, your prototypes in progress or items you were sponsored to post MUST use the Promotional flair, with disclosure of who you represent.

When posting your build, please provide a description of the build, preferably as a Top Level Comment or Reply to this Comment, with the following information:

• Your keyboard featured and its layout

• The Switches, Keycaps, and Other Accessories Featured

• Any notable mods you performed

• Other helpful information such as low profile, lesser known firmware, etc.

Example: Unobtanium Southpaw 1800 with DSA Salt with MorningCaps Artisan and Alps Rainbow Switches, modded with Sorbothan Foam on KMK

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

ner0417 t1_jeadq0q wrote

Melding machine and nature; love it. Reminds me of the Florans from Starbound. Space-faring, plant-people aliens.

badwolf42 t1_jeakyvq wrote

I love everything about it, especially that Alice board ya got there and the branch lamp!

homesweetocean t1_jeapqb2 wrote

XDA HoneyMilk is unironically one of my favorite keycap sets, typing this on them now. Great taste

maxgehpunkt t1_jeafxxb wrote

[Everyone liked that]

headed2shredded OP t1_jeavrgm wrote

Huh?

MotorElevator9906 t1_jeaie7r wrote

how did you make the wood pc case?

headed2shredded OP t1_jeaippd wrote

Lol out of a 6 dollar bamboo shoe rack from goodwill and 2 dollar scrap plexiglass from lowes

derrhn t1_jeaiw3u wrote

Been looking at those Bee keycaps myself! Lovely collection you’ve got going on there!

headed2shredded OP t1_jeb6wvj wrote

Weirdly enough, it’s a prebuilt, from BOYI. It was my first I got for my BDAY from my mom. Let me see if I can find it.

headed2shredded OP t1_jeb75zd wrote

BOYI WK68 Hot Swappable RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Wireless Bluetooth 5.0/2.4G/Wired Type-C Tri-Mode PBT Sublimation Keycaps 65% Gaming Keyboard(Gateron Yellow Switch, Honey Milk XDA Keycaps) https://a.co/d/0E5NsAR

There is no reason this board is this good stock and with a little lube for the milky yellows it’s still my favorite board!

Annjul666 t1_jeal8t1 wrote

People who keep their keebs like that - how do you protect them from the dust?

cormor-ant t1_jeazs1f wrote

I’d love to know this as well.

headed2shredded OP t1_jebdz1g wrote

Idk why I love this so much, because I weirdly don’t use them… so they could be and I just haven’t noticed

LucAltaiR t1_jeb75yh wrote

Looks very good man congrats. Could I ask you what keyboard is the 100% in the bottom?

Sunkube t1_jeblfos wrote

I love every part of this! I’ll even let the ps controllers slide. Well job.

Dead-HC-Taco t1_jeahets wrote

So this begs the question: Playstation or xbox controller?

headed2shredded OP t1_jebdkmu wrote

Fuck! I love the speed of PlayStation, because I play destiny and it’s alot of butting to push in secession, buttttt I love my victrix gambit

ZacharyKou t1_jeahtvt wrote

can you tell me the specs of the third keeb?

headed2shredded OP t1_jeb6frw wrote

It’s just a CIY65. With some cement bring up the weight and plastic sound and black automobile paint to make it look a little higher end the plate is painted copper.

Only normal mod is like a half burger. So the only the back row of screws and they are on o rings. So it can flex in the front of the board.

ZacharyKou t1_jed2bzb wrote

thanks bro also nice setup. i wish to build my own keyboard when i get a job in the future

ZacharyKou t1_jed2jjl wrote

oh and what is the keycaps called? i know its xda profile because its rounded but whats it called?

Onsomeshid t1_jeaibva wrote

For how much i use my ps5 controller on my pc i should probably get a custom one made too lol.

headed2shredded OP t1_jeb6no6 wrote

I just took a front shell from eBay, and added the extreme rate buttons to the back

Inigmatics t1_jeam59x wrote

I can't help but want to see what the rest of the room looks like.

headed2shredded OP t1_jebktvn wrote

Say less. I posted it over on battle stations and it’s on a comment up top

MiniITXEconomy t1_jeaq02i wrote

I LOVE the DualShock4 but the Dual Sense... it's just too top heavy. Not difficult to overcome, but those haptic triggers definitely get in it's way.

darthmeck t1_jear7mv wrote

The coordination is one of the coolest things I’ve seen, nice one.

Inevitable-Edge48 t1_jeard47 wrote

What's the third keyboard called and the yellow one?

headed2shredded OP t1_jeb7xdw wrote

It’s just a CIY65. With some cement bring up the weight and plastic sound and black automobile paint to make it look a little higher end the plate is painted copper.

Only normal mod is like a half burger. So the only the back row of screws and they are on o rings. So it can flex in the front of the board.

And

BOYI WK68 Hot Swappable RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Wireless Bluetooth 5.0/2.4G/Wired Type-C Tri-Mode PBT Sublimation Keycaps 65% Gaming Keyboard(Gateron Yellow Switch, Honey Milk XDA Keycaps) https://a.co/d/0E5NsAR

Just painted the top housing.

Temanyl t1_jeas2uw wrote

I saw this picture and the question why someone would need this many different controllers popped into my head. Then I saw my wall of 10 keyboards and felt really stupid.

catplaps t1_jeat7yo wrote

it's a nice stick.

RUPacific t1_jeaxxf5 wrote

Your tree branch lamp is awesome! Definitely completes the sort of natural, calming feel to the whole room. I want to build one now...

tyingnoose t1_jeaz3il wrote

Gaming branch

Gaming branch

cormor-ant t1_jeb2as6 wrote

What’s the 980, the last one on the keyboard wall? First thought it was the translucent blue TM980 with a custom blocker above the numpad, but yours looks more like a teal color. Could just be the lighting.

headed2shredded OP t1_jebg0q0 wrote

Naw. Nothing that cool. It’s the Click Labs’ CL98. But it is a custom badge. “Hammered” spray paint, you can buy anywhere has a cool reaction when you spray one color and then spray another right on top! I love it!

shaggys6skin t1_jeb4ctk wrote

The matching controllers!! Damn that looks good

headed2shredded OP t1_jebgeql wrote

I’m glad people like the concept! I didn’t think it would go over that well.

NepuShiro t1_jebd1hy wrote

What's your thoughts on the last keyboard? (YUNZII IF98?)
I've been thinking of getting one, honestly not completely sure how it feels or sounds from the little to none videos on it.
And would you happen to have any other suggestions that are around that price point?

headed2shredded OP t1_jebl9c8 wrote

I wish I could help! But mine is the Click Labs’ CL98 and it’s beautiful, but it’s nothing special. But I love the feel to the space of the keys.

-ShutterPunk- t1_jebdehp wrote

Are those soda cap keys? How are they for a budget set?

headed2shredded OP t1_jebljof wrote

On the wood board! I love them! Well idk if it’s the unique wood sound or the Akko POM brown switches, but it’s easily my best sounding board!

Neireau t1_jebgm0r wrote

I love my Victrix BFG (PS5 tho), that diamond shaped d-pad is surprisingly comfortable and accurate.

What kind of customisation does the app provide? Unless recently updated it doesn’t support my controller yet.

headed2shredded OP t1_jebluqd wrote

Nothing worth while IMO. This is my second one and I didn’t use the app at all with my first one I just over locked them both times. I honestly couldn’t tell the difference. it performed amazing w/o the app

Neireau t1_jebpugm wrote

Fair enough, that’s my experience as well! I never encountered them in the wild tho so figured I’d ask.

Cheers for the reply tho, I appreciate it; also really like that reindeer moss (?) you’ve got going on there by the way.

screenhunter372 t1_jebhutc wrote

I love how the controllers match the keycap sets. I wish I could stick to those thematics the way you do, all of my peripherals either clash with each other, or are just pure white

headed2shredded OP t1_jebm0pb wrote

POPCO markers! If you do custom anything send them my way! I would love to see it!

screenhunter372 t1_jeboomd wrote

Just some shell swaps here and there. I'd love to get into more custom drawing and stuff, but I don't have the skills (yet). Mind sharing a link to those markers? I tried to search for them but couldn't find anything.

screenhunter372 t1_jebp5ju wrote

Ah okay posca, not popco. I'll get some once this month passes (I'm at risk of getting laid off so just trying not to buy anything I don't need), and get back to you!

ModmobsOnReddit t1_jebqu8c wrote

What are the keycaps for the top keyboard? Also very nice setup!

headed2shredded OP t1_jebrjym wrote

It’s a mix bag: Black Green Keycaps Set 253 Keys Cherry Profile Doubleshot Custom Wave Keycaps for Cherry MX 60% 65% 70% 75% 95% Mechanical Keyboards https://a.co/d/2uBrMlu

And

Side-Printed Thick PBT OEM Profile 108 ANSI Keycaps for MX Switches Mechanical Keyboard (Only Keycap) (Black) https://a.co/d/h6AeF1h

TabularConferta t1_jebrr1s wrote

...can I see the rest of your work station please, if that's okay. Looks like an interesting build.

Nvm saw the post. That's a cool use of space

headed2shredded OP t1_jebryww wrote

TabularConferta t1_jebs3p8 wrote

Are those monitors on the right?

headed2shredded OP t1_jebsbon wrote

Yea, my ACER 25inch 165 hz. The other is a 12 dollar dell from the goodwill electronic store.

TabularConferta t1_jebsqwm wrote

Nice. I've got an odd shaped nook (sloped ceiling) so it's nice to see how people do theirs. How did you do the backing and the lamp, if you don't mind.

headed2shredded OP t1_jebtrs7 wrote

Of course. It’s just an old bed frame a neighbor threw out. With card stock behind it and faux moss from micheals

The lamp was a dead branch I sealed it with some polyurethane and routed out the back and put the cord through it and used hot glue to hold it in place. The actual fixture is from the dollar store I took off the decorative pieces and painted it

84904809245 t1_jebveyb wrote

What came first, controller or keyboard?

dinoaids t1_jebwayu wrote

Cool moss wall 👍

zrevyx t1_jec6fpb wrote

Very nice!

mobeen1497 t1_jec95lg wrote

I am sorry but is that a wooden case with the graphics card outside of the case?!

headed2shredded OP t1_jecapyp wrote

Indeed

mobeen1497 t1_jecclem wrote

How does that work with the motherboard?

headed2shredded OP t1_jecja5r wrote

Ohhhhh I got ya! Pcie extension cable from Amazon

mobeen1497 t1_jeckpyd wrote

Oh, I never knew you could do that. Thank you for the information.

headed2shredded OP t1_jecm57c wrote

I got you! No bigs but when I was researching you have to make sure it’s rated correctly or something like that. But I have Pcie 3…. So that what extension I got

Dude_with_the_skis t1_jechsx6 wrote

Yo I gotta ask, did you build your PC case yourself? It looks like wood and tempered glass (looks awesome dude). If you did build it yourself, how did you figure out where to place the mounting screws for the motherboard?

Also is that a water-cooled system inside?

Either way looks great!

headed2shredded OP t1_jecjied wrote

Naw I have a different build for when I get a custom Loop. But I did build it and I just placed the mother board down and just something thin and sharp to poke a whole where the stand offs needed to be

homegrowntwinkie t1_jecnnp9 wrote

Bro. This is fucking endgame level setup aesthetically speaking. Did you BUILD that case yourself?? Or did you find it somewhere or what? I must know. I also see your GPU is mounted outside, and what is the big ass fan blade thing inside?

headed2shredded OP t1_jecqizj wrote

Aye! Thanks my dude!

I did, but I made it out of a bamboo shoe rack from goodwill and some scrap plexiglass.

The gpu is on a long PCIe extender.

And the fan is cooler master’s G100m low profile fan. Just painted it a bit to match the style.

homegrowntwinkie t1_jed7g26 wrote

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Hows the thermals in the case? I'm assuming not too great, but if you did it yourself I could totally be wrong.

headed2shredded OP t1_jed8ppm wrote

Wait why would the thermals be bad?

homegrowntwinkie t1_jed9whg wrote

Well because wood is known to not be too great at heat dispersion/dissipation, but certain metals usually are. I also didn't notice where air vents might be(but again that might just be I haven't seen them yet) But if you say it runs like a dream, I believe you. I love the look of this setup and have been wanting a wooden case for a looong time now. Just gotta find one that has good thermals.

headed2shredded OP t1_jedaomx wrote

Yea, I got you there is no wood touch any component. It’s just an open air case, so there isn’t really any over heating issues. The only thing enclosed is the PSU. You can kind of see the grate above it. The biggest issue is dust because their are no filters. Lol so in a couple weeks if I don’t can air it we will have some super terrible issues

headed2shredded OP t1_jedaqr8 wrote

What do you think of getting one later cut and just do an open air type thing too?

homegrowntwinkie t1_jef0phe wrote

OH I saw the reflection of the keyboard on the front of the case, and assumed there was plexiglass covering the side of the internals you can see and was like "hm. This seems like there might not be a good amount of airflow." But now i see that panel is actually open and is just me assuming things!

Also, I'm unsure what you mean by getting one later cut?

headed2shredded OP t1_jef1zdi wrote

Oh I mean like that you can get the right one laser cut or CNC’d to just fit together like a puzzle and it can look However you want, ya know .

otacon7000 t1_jecxznb wrote

I'd like to learn more about the PC case. DIY? Bought?

TheRaisinWhy t1_jed3186 wrote

That's clean, what controller do you like best? Recently purchased the Xbox Elite 2 after having used the 360 black wired controller forever and it feels like I get using a controller of mouse and keyboard sometimes

headed2shredded OP t1_jed8i8a wrote

My favorite is the Victrix Gambit! I have an elite 2 as well, but it can’t be over locked so it’s with my Xbox. To me it doesn’t have as many bells and whistles and buttons not paddles…. But while the elite feels better in the hand the gambit out performs it…. To me

LightChargerGreen t1_jed76ne wrote

That (blue/green?) keyboard on the bottom looks lonely.

headed2shredded OP t1_jed87wp wrote

I know right I wasn’t to get a super small controller to go with it!!!!!

wootywootP t1_jedogmd wrote

Isn't it difficult to type on those keyboards standing up and in that angle Keepo

headed2shredded OP t1_jee9qum wrote

Lmbo! Lol me trying to lean over the file cabinet and pc and typing looking over my right shoulder would be too three easiest thing I will do today, for sure light work.

not-a-nerd-lol t1_jedwuaa wrote

nice display. looks really clean :) i also like the overall theme of the wall and room

SXLightning t1_jedyqe6 wrote

I really hope you are putting something over the hooks because alu on alu is how you scratch your board. I put heat shrink on my

Yoosulis t1_jedzp3l wrote

My mind is blown It’s a nature dome with keyboard and controllers I love it Is the pc has wooden case?! There’s also a wooden keyboard omg The low lightbulb is the cherry at the top

11/10 🤯

headed2shredded OP t1_jeeanfr wrote

11/10 thanks it took a while to get things the way was hoping they would turn out. I’m glad you liked it

BOBTheOrigin t1_jee3yt6 wrote

One of those hybrid players... Buah... Blasphemy!

This is sarcastic

headed2shredded OP t1_jee9ge2 wrote

I would have known. Mean people don’t use the word blasphemy realistically

Crunchykandi t1_jeei1dq wrote

What’s that spiral thing on the dark turquoise keeb?

headed2shredded OP t1_jegb52z wrote

Pretty sure that just a weird effect from the light bulb on the camera

Savings-Minimum6454 t1_jefn6q9 wrote

Dang! Where did you get your cpu frame? That looks awesome

headed2shredded OP t1_jegbesw wrote

I want to answer but I’m just a smidge confused, what did you mean by CPU frame