Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

homegrowntwinkie t1_jed9whg wrote

Well because wood is known to not be too great at heat dispersion/dissipation, but certain metals usually are. I also didn't notice where air vents might be(but again that might just be I haven't seen them yet) But if you say it runs like a dream, I believe you. I love the look of this setup and have been wanting a wooden case for a looong time now. Just gotta find one that has good thermals.

headed2shredded OP t1_jedaomx wrote

Yea, I got you there is no wood touch any component. It’s just an open air case, so there isn’t really any over heating issues. The only thing enclosed is the PSU. You can kind of see the grate above it. The biggest issue is dust because their are no filters. Lol so in a couple weeks if I don’t can air it we will have some super terrible issues

headed2shredded OP t1_jedaqr8 wrote

What do you think of getting one later cut and just do an open air type thing too?

homegrowntwinkie t1_jef0phe wrote

OH I saw the reflection of the keyboard on the front of the case, and assumed there was plexiglass covering the side of the internals you can see and was like "hm. This seems like there might not be a good amount of airflow." But now i see that panel is actually open and is just me assuming things!

Also, I'm unsure what you mean by getting one later cut?

headed2shredded OP t1_jef1zdi wrote

Oh I mean like that you can get the right one laser cut or CNC’d to just fit together like a puzzle and it can look However you want, ya know .