Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

nutsenmai t1_iug3wka wrote

Where in the world did you find a keyboard with the numpad on the left? I've been looking for these.

TentiTiger11 t1_iug4sap wrote

i don't think they are that rare. Also if there is nothing that u like u can always get like a TKL with a separate num pad too. Not sure about the nav cluster being on the left tho

amuro_rei OP t1_iug5y99 wrote

> Not sure about the nav cluster being on the left tho

it's great! when I type and manipulate the Excel cells I can do so without lifting my right hand from the mouse. :p

peanutbutterwife t1_iug8ybx wrote

Me too! Put it all together with a trackball with a scroll ring and you're ready for hours of spreadsheet manipulation fun!

Edit: Street? Ready? Guess I can see it with swipe auto correct.

amuro_rei OP t1_iugb59h wrote

> trackball

man~ haven't touch one myself for years. that brings back memories.

nutsenmai t1_iugbd3h wrote

This is the option I've been looking at so far.

amuro_rei OP t1_iug5nep wrote

check out the keyboardco.com

this one's called SB-3500 from their product range.

do note that this is ISO layout since the keyboard is geared for UK customers but you can set the ANSI layout from your Windows and swap few keycaps and Bob's your uncle.

peanutbutterwife t1_iug8q55 wrote

Epomaker makes a 96 in southpaw. I love mine.

EDIT: I bought it through Epomaker, it's a Skyloong

amuro_rei OP t1_iugcbty wrote

I have that one too! I saw it on the KS and waited till it ended and promptly ordered one from the Epomaker web page. And that's for my home office.

This southpaw is for the office, however, coz I don't need the blinking RGB keyboard that's wireless at the office. 😂

peanutbutterwife t1_iugcvxx wrote

Right? My other daily driver is a Varmilo TKL with a Bluetooth numpad for the left side. It has white, South facing led. That's it. They turn on and off to varying degrees, no more, no less. It's a full Bluetooth set up, I love it.

amuro_rei OP t1_iuger56 wrote

there have been a few over the year. I saw few examples while I was in S. Korea and Japan back in 90s. And those were the business oriented keyboards just like the old IBM keyboard - boring beige with grey keycaps on probably the Alps switches.

This one's also business oriented with no bells and whistles but just the Cherry MX switches and black (boring) keycaps. Even the cable is non-detachable.