Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

peter_picture OP t1_j19zwjj wrote

So, I bought a Wireless Keychron K6 65%, ISO UK layout because it was the only one left available. I am Italian, and I really wanted a new ISO ITA keyboard. For that, I decided to buy an Italian keycap set. Said set is stated to be compatible with K6 keyboards, and yet here are the Pgup and Pgdn keys too tall for the position in which they must be put.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Should I contact Keychron to see if they can solve the issue? Or do you know if it's possible to remap a K6 with some third-party software? A quick research online showed me it is not possible with this specific model. Also, the symbol doesn't work. I should be able to input it with Alt Gr+E, but it doesn't work, even if I am using ITA layout on Windows.

Could anyone give me any advice?

−8

realSeRyx t1_j1a1oqq wrote

Does the board run in Win or Mac Mode? Had the same problem with a former board, € was not working because it was in Mac Mode.

edit: i was checking keychron for ISO Keycaps. I didnt found any ISO-ITA for K6.
Can u share the link?

peter_picture OP t1_j1a27k8 wrote

No, it's in Windows mode. Everything seems to work except that, which is very annoying because I use that symbol very often for work.

MayAsWellStopLurking t1_j1a0kih wrote

if you bought from Keychron none of the ISO sets promise K6 compatibility.

peter_picture OP t1_j1a1ylg wrote

You just changed your comment after my reply? Seriously?

Anyway, I have the keycap set box in front of me and there are all the compatible keyboards I mentioned above, included the K6.

MayAsWellStopLurking t1_j1akttw wrote

I edited my post after re-reading your comments and looking at the keycap colours.

If the box promises k6 compatibility (unlike the store listings for each of the ITA-ISO sets) then you could ask Keychron for a partial refund or a store credit but they’re unlikely to process a full refund even if you offered to pay for shipping.

You might be able to convince them to credit the amount towards a keycap set that does have full compatibility

MayAsWellStopLurking t1_j1akxm0 wrote

Also also, if you’ve got a mac, Karabiner can remap keys. Autohotkey is what you want for PC

peter_picture OP t1_j1a18eg wrote

https://www.keychron.com/collections/iso-ansi-jis-keycaps/products/iso-q1-k2-oem-dye-sub-pbt-keycap-set-blue

There you have it. It says Q1 and K2, but the box illustrates it is actually compatible with K4, K6, K8, and K-12 keyboards.

−1

realSeRyx t1_j1a32xz wrote

But they're made for Q1 & K2. Looks like you bought the wrong set. Try to use to re-map the keys and change the order to pg-up, pg-dn, home

WozNZ t1_j1a6nga wrote

That link points to a cap set that is NOT compatible with your board it is for Q1 & K2 ONLY!!!!

Looks like none of the ISO sets are compatible with your board tbh. This is the reason I only buy cap sets that have loads of extra caps to cover the extra layouts.

I would reach out to Keychron, say you purchased the wrong set and see if they can help you and either send or let you purchase the required caps