Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AnakinPotter20 t1_j6owi3b wrote

Maybe try using a random obejct as a wrist rest and see if it helps. I just recently bought my first custom keyboard (keychron q1) and also found it to hurt my wrist.

I'm currently using the cardboard box my milky yellows came in and it definitely helped. Probably going to buy a wrist rest soon.

If you still find it uncomfortable, then maybe buy some shorter keycaps? Then again, I'm new to this hobby so I'm not really familiar to different keycap sizes and stuff, but using a random object as a wrist rest really helped.

Cori91 OP t1_j6ozrey wrote

Good call! I'll try using some random stuff, see if that helps. I'm just not sure if the wrist rest is the best choice here, why not just use a lower height board and it's done, wrist rest and carpal tunnel avoided. I'm just not sure yet, buit thanks for the advice, I'll try it out.

+ I like to move around my keyboard, tilting the right side inward towards me while I game, and when I type I put it in the middle as everybody else. Not sure if a wrist rest would be too annoying to move around too. Meh.