Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

un_related t1_j6oxdym wrote

Are you resting your palm on the desk? That's the only way I can think that you might be straining your wrist.

If so...

1. Ideally, you shouldn't be resting your wrist/palm while typing or gaming. This causes strain as you're describing.
  2. A wrist rest is not the correct solution. These are meant for resting your palms while you are not typing. While typing or gaming, they will restrict your hand movement and possibly cause more strain if your palm remains stationary.
  3. If possible, try moving your keyboard deeper into your desk. This allows you to rest your upper forearm on the edge of the desk and act as a pivot point which should give you the height you need for a proper typing (or gaming) experience.

Cori91 OP t1_j6oz9e9 wrote

Well I rest my forearm on the table and I still feel the strain in the muscle as it pushes down on to the table. As I use force to press keys it starts to strain even more. That's why I think it's because it's too tall but could be my bad, its just interesting because I had no issues with other boards as I said in the OP.

The Redragon Kumara with Cherry keycaps were not causing any strain, or the g613 or the K120 or the Keychron k4v1. Only this board does this.