Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

patronsaintpizza t1_ja92s6d wrote

I don’t know how you do it. I’m 37, I’ve heard classic rock all my life. I’m so over every fuckin classic rock song. If I never hear paint it black again it’ll be too soon.

MarkPhish t1_ja93irt wrote

Paint it black sucks, not going to stop me from listening to some of the greatest music ever made

patronsaintpizza t1_ja94hb5 wrote

I mean I’m never gonna stop listening to Floyd or Fleetwood, but I just can’t stand Tom Petty, AC/DC, the Boss, etc. I don’t even think Peter Frampton gets a pass anymore. Ooh baby I love you way? Ugh

No offense to Mr McDonald, but if I have to hear “Ya Mo be there” one more time I’m going to ya mo burn this place to the ground.

MarkPhish t1_ja955rc wrote

Then listen to what you can stand. It's a pretty simple solution. Tom petty sucks. I don't go an listen to him same with AC/DC There is plenty of good music out there.

It's pretty easy to avoid music u don't like

NJShadow t1_ja964x6 wrote

>I don’t even think Peter Frampton gets a pass anymore. Ooh baby I love you way? Ugh

PLEASE tell me you've listened to "Do You Feel Like We Do" in full.

Fish_On_again t1_ja93l8k wrote

Deep cuts and live music. Also, I will never get enough of the stones' song "can't you hear me knockin". A new-ish band that I'm really into right now is King Gizzard.

patronsaintpizza t1_ja93x6w wrote

I have given King Giz a try yet. I’ll check em out.

Fish_On_again t1_ja94uzp wrote

Their last two albums are very easy on the ears. Every single person I've played Laminated Denim for has absolutely loved it.