Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jj-reeder t1_j9woxef wrote

Saw them at Coachella in like 2006. Great sound, kind of like a cross between Joy Division and Cake or Violent Femmes or something.

booktopian66 t1_j9wtgph wrote

I discovered them way back in about 2005 and same here, I really don’t know anyone else who knows them. Tear You Apart is my favorite, though as a female, I’m sure I should find it somewhat cringey.

ILikeFoodAndThings t1_j9wrcww wrote

Haven't been in my rotation lately but they're dope. That dude's voice is legend.

LuckyColtsFan69 t1_j9xdrkq wrote

I love them, but Interpol wants revenge lol

Notinyourbushes t1_j9xhwh9 wrote

Saw them in a small club before they released their first album. Loved how they took pieces of Joy Division, Killing Joke, Bauhaus and early Sisters of Mercy and mixed it into a snap shot of that era.

Ran into them in an after hours club after the show. Lead singer is hands down the nicest musician I've ever met. We touched on their influences but spent most of the night talking about relationships, old rnb and reggae music and the innovations that came out of it.

Great guys, good music.

RC-5 t1_j9wmxjt wrote

They’re in my library!

atreides78723 t1_j9wy0ex wrote

I saw them open for Electric Six. I renamed them “Sounds Like Joy Division.”

Desenova t1_j9x74rl wrote

Their debut got constant play in my car when it came out.

Daytman t1_j9xag6l wrote

Oh man, I remember discovering them on Myspace back in high school and loving them. Seen them twice, both back then. Once for This Is Blood and once for Valleyheart. I’m pretty sure I was the only person under 18 there at the first one. Such great music. I haven’t listened to them in a while but I heard someone drive by a few days ago with their windows down blasting them and it made me smile.

Black_Shabbat92 t1_j9xo9e2 wrote

Absolutely. Got into them back in high school when their first album came out! Finally got to see them last year and they slayed 🦇 great band and of course tear you apart a staple of the goth club scene. Try going to a goth night you’ll find plenty of people who listen to them!

fivewaves t1_j9yeffl wrote

i love them! they were pretty popular among my friends when we were at uni. i saw them and the cure on the same day at a festival in moscow in 2012 – that was definitely one of the best days of my life.