Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MyScooterSasha t1_jdnf5al wrote

When I was a kid, in the song Love Train, instead of “Tell all the people in Russia and China too” I thought it was “Tell all the people to rush up and shine their shoes”. I sang this fully committed on a road trip and had my Dad dying laughing for about 10 minutes.

kevnmartin t1_jdnllpk wrote

My son once asked me why Alanis Morissette's ex gave her a "cross eyed bear".

wigglerworm t1_jdnnrpp wrote

I remember a long winded conversation as a kid where my mom thought the lyrics were “do the lucky lady” my brother said no it’s “do it like a lady” mentioning the scene in Mrs. Doubtfire. My Dad neutral on the subject decided to sing it out loud as he went to the washroom to see if anyone corrected him. A waitress at the restaurant said “no it’s Dude looks like a lady” and after that peace was restored to the land <3

andropogon09 t1_jdnt0ky wrote

Dude Looks Like a Lady is the actual title of the song.

wigglerworm t1_jdnuklu wrote

This was back when people mainly heard songs on the radio and the DJ didn’t always say the name of every song, nor did my mom care to listen to the name because she thought she knew it. My brother and I were children.

The_Huff_Daddy t1_jdno336 wrote

My daughter sang loud and thought Bruno Mars was saying "Hot Ham" on Uptown Funk

ijbh2o t1_jdnqxkc wrote

Carrying a laser down the road that I once traveled

D4nM4rL4r t1_jdo02kp wrote

Carry me on through the darkest of the night

turbocomppro t1_jdnhn8x wrote

In Smooth Criminal, instead of “Annie are you ok” I heard “Eddie are you walking, so are you walking, are you walking Eddie.”

I was like 8…

drapedj t1_jdo87zx wrote

But is he walking? Can you tell us, if he’s walking?

WrestlingLeaks t1_jdnn97a wrote

Smack dat
Alona fow
Smack dat
Kemisa mow

TheWyldTyger t1_jdnnlv2 wrote

There ain’t no woman like a one-eyed goth…

Maltese_Vulcan t1_jdnhlt6 wrote

The famous old metal song by Scorpions, “Play Golf”

striped_frog t1_jdnmn16 wrote

Ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba
I want a piece of bacon
—the ramones

Let’s pee in the corner, let’s pee in the spotlight
—REM

sadchild_ t1_jdnppom wrote

Doobie Brothers "whoa-oh, tryin to grow"

andropogon09 t1_jdntclj wrote

CCR: "There's a bathroom on the right!"

Jonestown_Juice t1_jdo2e84 wrote

In Siouxsie and The Banshees' "Spellbound" the lyric is "Following the footsteps of a rag doll dance we are entranced."

I always heard "Following the footsteps of a red stoned donkey artichoke."

In text that doesn't make a lot of sense. But the way Siouxsie pronounces "dance" and "entranced" sound like "donce" and "entronced".

doubleflush t1_jdokf7w wrote

blinded by the light revved up like a douche in the middle of the night

Jolty-Jolt t1_jdozhhp wrote

As much as I very rarely listen to this artist, I def used to hear "starbucks lovers," those who know, know.

Ray of light - Madonna. Used to think the line was "and I feel like a disco ball," instead of the actual line "and I feel like I just got home."