Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

feedus-fetus_fajitas t1_je6yc27 wrote

What about Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, Black Flag, Anti Flag, just to throw a few contenders out there.

NoFX is great. I like fat Mike. I listened to the Decline a hundred times when it was current... Not sure I can call any one bad the " most punk"

thud83 OP t1_je6z04h wrote

Likely a good response… And even NOFX says ‘the Moron Brothers’ are more punk then they are. Fictional, but more punk. Given, it maybe a bad question in the first place. The real question would be,” who embodied, personified and pushed punk the farthest in their band”

feedus-fetus_fajitas t1_je70iau wrote

That's hard to to say too... Define "punk".

For instance,, I fucking loathe that anyone even knows the name GG Allin... But some will contest he was the most realist hardcore "punk extreme" ever..

When he was actually a disgusting sack of shit with multitude of mental health issues.

Mr_Firley t1_je79y26 wrote

Actually the The Moron Brothers are NOFX drummer Erik "Smelly" Sandin and their roadie DJ. That's who the song is about.

uncouthyouths t1_je7h7k9 wrote

Propagandhi could be a contender for embodies, personified, and push punk the most.

thud83 OP t1_je6ymc2 wrote

Bad Religion is a good contender in this arena. Not feeling 100% about the others. DK is punk, but I feel falls a bit short

−2

feedus-fetus_fajitas t1_je6zmo4 wrote

I think Jello alone holds a pretty punk attitude whether I agree with everything or not. But from 1978 to 2019... That's a punk Band through the ages... I'm not qualified to even give an opinion on some of their history and rationale because I was not around during it.

Antiflag has been staunchly rooted in political activism in their music, unwaveringly. I'm not a huge fan of theirs but it is what it is.

Black flag is mentioned only for Henry Rollins. He's ultimately a guy who tries to live well and offer his insights, which I think is pretty punk.

Bad Religion is honestly the one I put up as the potential crown snatcher.... They are just so damn good.