Submitted by Augustin90 t3_z3tqmg in Music

I'm asking your help setting up a music quiz for a christmas party. The attendees are colleagues of mine. I investigate economical crimes during work hours. My goal is to create a spotify playlist of around 15 songs the attendees will be quized on.

The theme I'm going for is crimes being described during the song. Where economical crimes are much preffered. What I work with involves (the most relevant listed first) money laundering, misappropriation, aggrevated fraud, tax fraud, misleading and false company information, corruption, breach of financial trust, accounting violation, recieving proceeds from crime.

I know I'm asking much - you know, "tax fraud" in music. But I hope you can appreciate the interest in this as I do. Hopefully this playlist can be used for other's entertainement and joy as well!

​

Examples I've found so far:

• Johnny Cash - One Piece at a Time. Misappropriation - because the worker in this song obtains an illicit gain for himself illegally by appropriating an item witch is in his possession (on his workplace) but belongs to another (his employer)
  • 1952 Vincent Black Lightning - Richard Thompson. Recieving proceeds from crime - because the girlfriend of the dying robber, who purchased his motorcycle with stolen money, hands her his keys. All the while her being aware of his way of funding the purchase.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TidalResonance t1_ixnmhhx wrote

The Hollies - Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress

Narrator is an FBI agent who saves a woman at a speakeasy during a bootlegging sting in Prohibition days

Smintjes t1_ixnkn1j wrote

Warren Zevon - Lawyers Guns and Money.

Augustin90 OP t1_ixnor7b wrote

>Warren Zevon - Lawyers Guns and Money.

I really like this one. I've heard the song Werewolves of London by Zevon which, as this one, I find great and witty. Lawyers Guns and Money has to be gambling which isn't an offence I work with but It will absolutaly make it into this quiz!

JuJuPBR t1_ixnjhqs wrote

So.. you’re not interested in attempted murder being talked about from both sides?

Augustin90 OP t1_ixnjtr6 wrote

If the tune is catchy and worthy for a party then no matter how serious the message is, I'll take it! :-)

DevinBelow t1_ixnqepc wrote

The Beatles - Taxman (My advice for those who die. Declare the pennies on your eyes)

Notinyourbushes t1_ixnrw1z wrote

Seminole Bingo by Warren Zevon. Outside of that, I can probably dig up some songs about bank robberies...

SimoneToastCrunch t1_ixnlftl wrote

Jordan Belfort —Wes Walker (about Jordan Belfort/his lifestyle and crimes)

Delilah—Tom Jones (dude murders his girlfriend for being unfaithful)

Mack the Knife—Bobby Darin (mafia hit man)

wet-paint t1_ixnpqxk wrote

Mothafucking Zombie by the Cranberries.

Buffythedjsnare t1_ixnv9fp wrote

The Horrorist - One Night In New York City

Augustin90 OP t1_ixq50z4 wrote

that’s disturbing! might be too much for a christmas party, but thank you for bringing in a suggestion!

PDOUSR t1_ixnvobm wrote

The Kinks - In the Summertime

PDOUSR t1_ixnvqy6 wrote

The Kinks - In the Summertime

Augustin90 OP t1_ixq4rgx wrote

you mean Sunny Afternoon?:-) I pick up some tax evasion there. That’s great, thanks!

TrivialBanal t1_ixo4hj6 wrote

Not financial, but definitely crimes described in the song:

I Shot the Sheriff - personally I'd go for Bob Marleys version, but the choice of artist is playlist friendly.

Been Caught Stealing by Jane's Addiction.

Hey Joe by Jimí Hendrix

Caught by the Fuzz by Supergrass

Of course, Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash

Malanderer t1_ixo4yqy wrote

Mark Knopfler - Postcards from Paraguay (embezzlement).

Great shout with 1952 Vincent Black Lightning.

ToPimpAYeezy t1_ixp1oc7 wrote

You want financial crimes?? If you want some music which is a real pisstake, Dark Web by Teejayx6

Augustin90 OP t1_ixq4bcu wrote

this artists songs seem hilarious. we’ll defiantly listen more.

[deleted] t1_ixr7sgb wrote

Bulls on parade by RATM. War profiteering is a crime, right?