Submitted by Mullaco0531 t3_zz9vbi in Music

This Beatles album made in 1967 is a wonderfully stylistic album with songs and sounds not out of place in a circus or show.

Listening to the whole album in order is a perfect journey with usually upbeat unique song ended by one of if not the best Beatles songs “a day in the life”.

individually the songs are very strong with no clear filler songs. sgt pepper is big flamboyant while having subtle yet distinct sounds and lyrics also.

This stands out as one of the most influential albums of all time changing to environmental of music it’s self with experimental sounds and methods.

10/10

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PopularBell518 t1_j2ak3ys wrote

Nice to see youngsters appreciating true classics. I’m in my 60’s. When my kids were little and we would take road trips, I played Beatles, Pink Floyd, Johnny Cash, Bob Marley rather than Raffi, Sesame Street, Disney stuff and they are mid 20’s now and both love the classics as well as the current stuff. I like a good bit of the newer sounds but tough to stand up to the oldies. I’m not stuck in time, I listen to a lot of current music, but other than a few bands (lookin at you King Gizz) it’s all pretty derivative. My opinion only.

2021Bamaboy t1_j2abs4c wrote

May I ask your age? just curious.

Mullaco0531 OP t1_j2ac3qc wrote

I’m 17

bluetriumphantcloud t1_j2ac9hy wrote

And have you scored any albums higher than 9.5?

Mullaco0531 OP t1_j2aci43 wrote

Grace Jeff Buckley, this is because sgt peppers is comparable to other Beatles albums where as Grace is Jeff Buckleys only album leaving nothing to compare it to.

2021Bamaboy t1_j2acitm wrote

Cool. I am not trying to preach because I'm older. Your review of Pepper was great. But, maybe you have, I don't know...but dig a little deeper into it. How it was made. The effects that ONE album had on rock and roll from then till now. I was alive when it first came out. I'm 59. It's great you consider it as you do...but Pepper changed Rock and Roll. It's more than just an amazing record.

Mullaco0531 OP t1_j2acr0h wrote

Thanks for the advise, I think perhaps the Beatles has more influential albums then this sgt peppers.

Trobus t1_j2adumo wrote

Nice review, not my favorite Beatles album but it’s up there. If you haven’t, you should listen to The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds, that album according to McCartney was a major influence on sgt. peppers.

ChefPneuma t1_j2c6t90 wrote

Very timely thank you, maybe I’ll check it out someday

NawBroSpaceMarine t1_j2e4rrt wrote

TBH I always found this album to be massively overrated

Mullaco0531 OP t1_j2e6h03 wrote

Fair enough everyone’s entitled to their own taste