Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Sweet_Bang_Tube t1_j1s606a wrote

No way! Pantera, Butthole Surfers, ZZ Top, Willie Nelson, Beyonce, The Toadies, Polyphonic Spree, The Mars Volta, Nora Jones, Kelly Clarkson, Usher, The (Dixie) Chicks, Barbara Mandrell, just to name the ones I know, all came out of Texas. I'm not sure if you're talking about a particular era, but all of those musicians were/are wildly popular. And there's many more than that.

Notinyourbushes t1_j1s73ol wrote

You're talking dozens of bands that made vs thousands that tried - and that's not even getting into how many were born and/or started in Texas but relocated to a different scene. Outside of Spoon, name me 10 new Texas bands on major labels from the last decade.

Sweet_Bang_Tube t1_j1s8b6a wrote

I just listed some musicians from this decade, and you just blew them off as not mattering because it wasn't enough. No, I'm not going to waste my time on naming even more, because you'll say you haven't heard of them or find another way to discount it. Calling a record label "major" is also a pretty ambiguous descriptor that would need to be better defined (such as, brings in a certain amount of money per year? Or has a certain number of artists?)