Submitted by Various-Intention564 t3_11b7e3w in Newark

Hi I'm coming to Newark for a concert in a few months I'm looking to book an Airbnb in the area that is in the photo and wanted to know how safe it is? I plan on taking the train to and from the venue and walking to local spots to eat.

Thanks for the help!

https://preview.redd.it/1iu8nnfxe8ka1.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=43f17ca50a986146193070a88365e829535d9a73

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

_whatalife t1_j9wqfhn wrote

Everything is relative depending on what you are use to. It could all be a bad fit for you, or all be fine. I would say anything west of Mt Prospect and south of 4th St is fine. Some is not aesthetically pleasing. Have some common sense.

effort268 t1_j9wsa3b wrote

Get an airbnb in the ironbound instead, very close to Prudential/Newark Penn and safest part of the city. Lots of amazing bakeries and restaurants around Ferry St. Check it out, you’ll definitely like it.

LateNightNewYork t1_j9wvk29 wrote

With the exception of a couple of small trouble spots, nothing on this map is "dangerous" by Newark standards.

GlassesgirlNJ t1_j9x231g wrote

You probably wouldn't have a problem anywhere in the neighborhood shown on this map - but the "nicest" part of the area is west of Mt Prospect and north of Bloomfield Ave.

You may hear some folks speaking Spanish as a first language (this neighborhood has a lot of Dominicans and Ecuadorians, among others); I'm going to assume that doesn't bother you.

sutisuc t1_j9we7wq wrote

That area is okay but the closer to the park the better. You’ll be fine if you’re used to depressed American cities and there’s some decent food spots on Bloomfield Ave.

Various-Intention564 OP t1_j9wrx32 wrote

Thanks for the info! What about the University Heights area around the University Hospital?

sutisuc t1_j9wrza8 wrote

Yeah much better over there you shouldn’t have any issues

dsarma t1_j9x04fs wrote

Yeah, that place is fine. Way fancier than the rest of Newark.

JustAddWine t1_j9xzjrh wrote

Where are you coming from? I think that will shape your opinion.