Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SnowDoom6 t1_iu7vyal wrote

A lesbian Nazi woman and woman. They possibly had some tolerance for her especially for her service and dedication to Nazi Germany and service to Hitler. But they definitely would not tolerate a man and a man.

ElementalWheel t1_iu8e5te wrote

That’s because you can’t breed men

Raskolnikovs_Axe t1_iu988h5 wrote

>A lesbian Nazi woman and woman.

Aka, two Nazi women.

skumgummii t1_iucrqmq wrote

so lemme get thisstraight. If you are in a relationship with someone then you automatically not only share the same political ideology as them, but you also retroactively gain any new opinions they might have later in life? I had a girlfriend like 15 years ago, today she's kind of a hippie anarchist, does that make me an anarchist too?

Raskolnikovs_Axe t1_iudgwxv wrote

"If you see someone eating dinner with 10 Nazis, you're seeing 11 Nazis eating dinner.". I'm sure you've heard it, I think the saying actually comes from Germany.

If you think the saying is oversimplifying, that's fair. I always understood it to be more of a cautionary comment on the dangers of complacently sliding into extreme ideology, from a country that has deep experience with that. But of course if you apply it everywhere and in every context you can pick it apart.

In this context however - a true and unabashed Nazi party supporter, during the time the Nazi party actually existed, in Nazi occupied France no less - I don't feel any doubt in assuming the saying is 100% true, and that both Morris and her date are Nazis.