Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

CameronCrazy1984 t1_iwdrsq2 wrote

Some say he whittled that spoon. From an even larger spoon.

johntwoods t1_iwdtcn1 wrote

He looks like he makes chili whose secret ingredient is the merciless peppers of Quetzalacatenango... grown deep in the jungle primeval by the inmates of a Guatemalan insane asylum.

AC_Zeno t1_iwdz303 wrote

Hank and Peggy Hill, the younger years

catching_comets t1_iweamo9 wrote

Looks like your grandpa whooped Billy Jack's ass and took his hat.

nooshaw t1_iwegg38 wrote

Back when people wore cameras around their necks.

yomology t1_iweted9 wrote

Just recently visited Big Bend and had no idea the terlingua chili cook-off existed until then.

sunnysideup2323 OP t1_iweufib wrote

I grew up maybe 100 miles from Big Bend (not that far Texas-wise) and there’s so many hidden treasures there!

yomology t1_iweuxk6 wrote

That's cool, I definitely want to go back. Have any suggestions for things to do/see that might be off the beaten path?

sunnysideup2323 OP t1_iwew4ob wrote

The Chianti hot springs, the towns of Marfa and Alpine. The Ghost Town of Terlingua, Ft Davis observatory.

stuteman t1_iwdtxkj wrote

Schlitz beer

[deleted] t1_iwenk5n wrote

That’s freaking CLASSIC !!

grambell789 t1_iwexgdw wrote

looks like ektachrome film. should be used indoors but if that whats in the camera thats what you have to shoot with. the problem was big rolls cost a lot less per pic but it was hard to shoot the whole roll at one time.

NotOK1955 t1_iwnmaa2 wrote

I was in my early teens when I convinced my dad to take to the festival. He got lost and by the time we arrived all the chili was gone and people packing up. Never did get a chance to return.

gonzagylot00 t1_iy5lxqh wrote

Even though she's a looker your grandmother looked like a grandmother back in the day.

That looks like a really fun event.

tangcameo t1_iwe4ywx wrote

Paris, Texas!

sunnysideup2323 OP t1_iwe6192 wrote

No…Terlingua, Texas

tangcameo t1_iwe6klv wrote

Sorry! Need to explain. I meant the movie which is my favourite of all time. I hear Terlingua and I’m transported back to the movie and Dean Stockwell scanning a map to get to where they found his brother played by Harry Dean Stanton

Notch99 t1_iwen9bp wrote

Get mom a hat!

fmendoza1963 t1_iweo845 wrote

They look like they would be fun to be around.

eddyb66 t1_iweqffo wrote

I wonder if anyone had Guatemalan Insanity Peppers

ralph_deadbeet t1_iwevkb0 wrote

I guess there's a rockin party there for New Years cuz Townes Van Zandt used to hang out in Terlingua and his bday is 1/1. Meant to go one year but didn't make it to TX on that road trip. Anyone been??

boing757 t1_iwfba4c wrote

Schlitz,The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous

Unlucky-Camel4522 t1_iwfy8cp wrote

A Chad cowboy and the nerd looking cute girl. Great combo