Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

respectfulpanda t1_j6cxkmp wrote

And they decided to have kids? I mean, I applaud their breaking of social stigma, but man, their parents must be pissed.

Waterbears28 t1_j6dqdow wrote

I'm not making a serious judgment based on a quick snapshot, but this picture makes it look like the combined family IQ scores wouldn't break 100

−17

Alatarial OP t1_j6dulkl wrote

Check this shit out. My brother and I were premies and he almost died and our parents were way too young to be dealing with that. I have a Master’s degree and senior management role despite my low IQ.

Waterbears28 t1_j6e2g2z wrote

I apologize -- judging by the downvotes my comment came across as really judgmental. The new parent exhaustion + the "confused newborn" expressions combined in a way that struck me as funny in a "these people all have silly expressions," way, not a, "haha those people are idiots" way. Like I wrote, I would not assume anything "real" about the intelligence of anyone in the picture based on this one snapshot moment. It really is a sweet family portrait, and I'm sorry for being a dick about it.

ladyinchworm t1_j6fzhqg wrote

I'm a twin that was born early to young parents too and both of us ended up great academically, but my parents definitely have a few pictures where you could tell they were very sleep deprived, haha.

My mom didn't really want any more babies after we were born, haha. She didn't want ultrasounds or anything during the pregnancy (they were more hippy, natural people) so they didn't even know we were going to be twins until the day before we were born!

Alatarial OP t1_j6hftsy wrote

Thank you for sharing, I can’t imagine having (surprise!) twins! Your parents had to adjust to that news fast lol