Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ok-Library247 t1_j9c0jib wrote

Is there a legitimate source on this?

brashendeavors t1_j9canc0 wrote

Most of the recent sources are clickbait right wing sources jumping on the Fox bandwagon.

Not sure if this applies, but New York Times included this teacher in an article on nationally recognized sex education a year ago:

>Al Vernacchio has worked as the sexuality education coordinator at Friends’ Central School in Wynnewood, Pa., for 24 years. Messaging about sexuality comes from television, from Instagram and TikTok, from OnlyFans, from YouTube, from advertisements, he said. “Young people need to have the ability to critically examine those messages and to think about their own values and to make decisions about which of those messages they feel are really beneficial and which they want to question,” he said.

https://archive.md/EyDEh#selection-661.0-675.237

This is at a nationally recognized PRIVATE Quaker school that costs about $50k a year to attend, not some local public kindergarten.

This is what the guy was hired to teach. Are they going to start telling private schools what they can teach now too?

"Graphic penis and vulva pictures" are just high octane words for basic human anatomy illustrations -- they are allowed to teach sex ed as long as they never show what a (gasp) penis actually looks like?

Froggy1789 t1_j9cszwo wrote

This is a legitimate source and includes his own comments. As someone who went to a similar school this content sounds remarkably similar to my health class bc that is what this is. He is an English teacher and a health teacher as the article says. Fox is just being as inflammatory as possible.

Pink_Slyvie t1_j9dxor9 wrote

Fox News is not a legitimate source. Maybe when they stop promoting genocide.

Froggy1789 t1_j9jsi5b wrote

Just because you don’t like their content or skew doesn’t mean the individual fox stories aren’t accurate. Fox News news desk is a perfectly respectable outlet. They made that call on Arizona and regularly put out well sourced news. It’s true that it has a conservative bent and as an outlet make the editorial decision not to do news that doesn’t help conservatives. However, that doesn’t mean you can write off the accuracy of a very well sourced story just because you don’t like it.

Pink_Slyvie t1_j9jtus4 wrote

You misunderstand me. It's not legitimate because they are fascist, and are promoting genocide currently. It's not because I don't like them. I don't though, I don't like people who promote genocide.

Froggy1789 t1_j9mp00w wrote

But how does that alter the veracity of the article?