Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

polgara_buttercup t1_jbgfats wrote

Tons of money pouring from the churches into Dougie’s pockets. Also companies like Martin’s Potato Rolls are huge backers.

yeags86 t1_jbguuqa wrote

The fact that churches get away with that shit is absurd. It’s illegal. If they want to donate to politicians, they need to start paying taxes.

SurgeonTaco t1_jbjde0s wrote

The secret to getting what you want in politics is to be involved in politics. Most Americans checked out decades ago. Religious folk did not. They stayed, manipulated, cajoled, paid, bribed, greased, streamlined, and just generally made things happen in politics in favor of them.

So, they get what they want. The rest of us just complained online.

There is a lot more to politics than voting, and right now the authoritarian Christians are the ones doing all the extra shit the most. Saying "it's illegal" to something is kind of meaningless when the power that is meant to make it illegal is being controlled by the group doing the illegal shit.

We can keep saying "that's illegal" until the entire US constitution is re-written and it is simply not illegal anymore because that is what they wanted.

bobjinpa t1_jbgt9iy wrote

Fuck Martin’s

yolorelli t1_jbh060n wrote

And fuck churches.

qwertyuxcv t1_jbjdqln wrote

Fuck churches more than Martin's? At least their bread tastes better than the churches'.

−1

fallser t1_jbhr21o wrote

Stopped buying Martins, they can go fuck them selves.

Pleasant-Affect8433 t1_jbiwip3 wrote

Martin’s Potato Rolls supporting extremism is a betrayal I never thought I’d have to endure

polgara_buttercup t1_jbja8p5 wrote

The family that owns it are hard core evangelicals. If you’re not white and Christian you can have a hard time working there.

TeeKrauty t1_jbjia74 wrote

Fuck man. Now we done with their potato rolls. Dammit they were good. I didnt know this. Ty for info.