Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

zorionek0 OP t1_jclwz5l wrote

I made this neighborhood map based on Scranton City Planning's Scranton Open Data (arcgis.com). They've divided the city in 35 neighborhoods.

This was a fun little project, especially because I have never heard of some of these neighborhoods, but it doesn't surprise me that there are neighborhoods with like 30 houses in them.

Some fun little quirks of the map: East & West Mountain neatly show the geography of the valley, and then the Lackawanna river cutting through the city is clear in the shape of some of the other neighborhoods, for example the edge of Minooka.

Iron District I was tempted to call The Furnaces, which is how I always thought of that, but Iron District makes sense too.

Montage is wide open but it also has the baseball stadium, ski resort, shoppes, and some other cool stuff.

zorionek0 OP t1_jclz4aj wrote

Edit: LOL in the /r/Scranton post the very first comment is someone telling me I missed two neighborhoods. I love it- nothing riles people up like neighborhood geography

RevHenryMagoo t1_jcmhqar wrote

Can’t wait for The Peach on Montage Mountain!

zorionek0 OP t1_jcmi0em wrote

I just saw My Morning Jacket is going to be there! I’m very excited

aught4naught t1_jcpisrp wrote

Overlay this on a map of the major roads in town.

zorionek0 OP t1_jcpnrt3 wrote

That would be a good next step. If you go to the ArcGIS link you can play around with layers and see for yourself, too

youcantfademe t1_jcmsebd wrote

Where the hell is Dunder Mifflin?!

zorionek0 OP t1_jcmt699 wrote

In Van Nuys California.

The street address for the office in the show doesn’t exist, but based on the Penn Paper Company it would be in the Downtown section