Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Or0b0ur0s t1_jdi183y wrote

I'd been getting mine within 2 days.

My autoship date just hit (yesterday), and the delivery estimate is now... next Wednesday, a full 7 days out.

I'm now going to run out of food. Sigh. I guess we really aren't allowed to have nice things in America anymore. I only moved to Chewy because, if you autoship, the price increase was negligible, and stores kept leaving me hanging with empty shelves and price spikes.

If Chewy's going to leave me holding the (empty) bag... now what?

cmatthews11 t1_jdi2ge2 wrote

Oh geez, maybe the estimate is off? I will say that they seem to have kept their customer support operating at a high level, maybe they can help?

Or0b0ur0s t1_jdis4kt wrote

I doubt it.

Something appears to have gone very wrong with their supply chain or their fulfillment operation.

It shipped immediately, yesterday morning... from Phoenix, AZ. Nobody who has a nationwide distribution network, functioning as intended, especially for shelf-stable pet food, should have to send orders to here from freaking Arizona.

You're right, their customer service folks are awesome. I just don't see how they're awesome enough to stop a truck 3 time zones away and, what? Put my stuff on a plane to get it here maybe a day sooner?

Maybe just the shortages are getting worse. I can't imagine they don't still have a distro center in, say, New York or New Jersey that's a hell of a lot closer. So the fact that it didn't come from there tells me they didn't have any to send.

Escobarhippo t1_jdjerb0 wrote

Same thing happened to me. I usually get mine in two days, but my last order took eight. It came from Sacramento.