Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RUIN_NATION_ OP t1_jcyvkld wrote

I was able to get ahold of someone through chat agent. but god damn what do we pay taxes for if our state agencies suck this much and they wanna raise our local taxes more smh

Pink_Slyvie t1_jczmvuh wrote

Oh, we pay so much in taxes to find military bases in virtually every other country.

Guess how many countries have military bases in the US

thaiatom t1_jcyvnk5 wrote

I could not agree more.

RUIN_NATION_ OP t1_jcywzba wrote

At least we could do most things online now I remember a time when they didn't have any online website to log in or file claim covid really pushed their handle that one I don't know maybe they should hire people pay them 30 an hour to do it I don't know

thaiatom t1_jcz51sk wrote

All that money for a new, safer system. My identity was stolen in June of 22 and someone claimed a month of UC and changed my direct deposit.

Grimm2785 t1_jd098zt wrote

Me too. They changed my bank info and my email. This was after I got laid off in early January and called in. They didn't get back to me till the middle of March. That's when I found out what happened. Unemployment told me I had to file a police report and give it to the treasury department but he had no idea how I'd be able to do that. Also said I could never claim unemployment again unless I did this. Local police department charged me 15$ to file a basically useless report because I had zero information to give them. I spent two weeks trying to get through to them before I finally did. They told me they have nothing to do with that and I need to give the police report to the unemployment office. The treasury depart lady also checked my account and saw that they unemployment guy never changed my bank and email info back like he claimed he did. They still had the scammers info on my account.

The unemployment guy also wanted me to upload scans of my social security card and birth certificate to the website to prove my identity but we never figured out how the scammers got into my account so I didn't want to basically hand over more of my information to them. Fortunately a friend saw something online about unemployment sending reps out to the local career link offices so you could make appointments and fix issues with them. I spent 5 hours in that office that day but the guy was great. Got all my problems resolved and even was able to get me back payments from when I tried to file the fall before when I was off work but the website didn't work.

Grasshopper419 t1_jd7zdic wrote

How do you find chat agent?

RUIN_NATION_ OP t1_jd81ge6 wrote

go to contact us area then it says live chat on the page.

Grasshopper419 t1_jd8zxat wrote

Thank you. Evidently husband needs reviewed by an examiner and they said they are short staffed and don’t know when it’ll be reviewed. Just to keep filing and if he’s denied we have 21 days to appeal. So a month in and no payment. And still counting the weeks. What are people supposed to do. This is for basic living. It’s so frustrating!

RUIN_NATION_ OP t1_jd92los wrote

just wish for it to fall through the cracks not be reviewed and keep getting paid lol