Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

delco_trash t1_iqxkdxa wrote

We really need to make sure that fetterman and Shapiro get elected this November

kikicrazed t1_iqxqvvy wrote

Agree about Fetterman, but it’s also easy to forget his is a federal race. We need to focus on local state officials for this election as well.

akhier t1_iqy02b9 wrote

Both, it isn't like when you vote for one you can't vote for the other

dshd66 t1_iqy2zc5 wrote

It's an easy strategy. Vote blue, all the way through, no matter who. Fuck Republicans

piperonyl t1_iqy6m26 wrote

There are parts of Shapiro's platform that i dont really agree with like how he wants harder sentences for nonviolent drug offenders.

But since the republicans ran someone straight out of the insane asylum, im going to vote for Shapiro.

stabsthedrama t1_iqycz0s wrote

There are parts of Mastriano’s platform I don’t agree with like personally bussing traitors to an insurrection. He’s a traitor and should get the rope.

The dems putting up the AG was a disappointing move, but at least he’s not 90 years old, 1 point for the dems.

dshd66 t1_iqy994z wrote

The only logical conclusion across the entire ticket

coreydh11 t1_iqz8s77 wrote

As someone who will be voting entirely democrat this election I still completely disagree with blatant tribalism.

crispydukes t1_ir0b1ev wrote

When one tribe fights dirty with the goal of completely canceling the game, you need to stick 100% with the tribe trying to do things fairly.

dshd66 t1_ir0epyi wrote

Thank you. Fuck those idiots for their lack of understanding.

coreydh11 t1_ir0kxvr wrote

Yeah that’ll convince them you’re right! Keep up the good work 👍

dshd66 t1_ir1f9t4 wrote

You miss the point. We don't have to convince these fuckwits of anything. They ARE the minority. Good people just need to do the right thing. Fuck the racist, fascist fuckers

coreydh11 t1_ir1tt3k wrote

I think you just don’t see how your language comes across. I agree with “fuck racists, fuck fascists.” I disagree with “fuck all republicans.” But you see those terms as interchangeable which is sad. I know people that vote republican simply for the fact that it’s how they were raised and they want nothing to do with politics at all. They’re not racist or fascist, and I’ve never called them such, but still they attempt to use that as a way to dismiss any actual argument I put in front of them because people like you automatically categorize them as racist and fascist. Are they ignorant? Yes, but that can be fixed with education and exposure. You have the same tribalism mentality as the racist and fascist. And that’s a problem. Support Dems when they deserve it, not just because they’re Dems

dshd66 t1_ir2y8fy wrote

70 percent of republicans support trump.

coreydh11 t1_ir3qvgs wrote

And here you are grouping the other 30% in with them thinking you’ll change their minds by saying “fuck you you’re all racist.” I’m on your side but you’re literally turning off people who might possibly come to realize why the GOP has become dangerous. If your only goal is to fire up the people who agree with you and get them to vote or whatever, you’re -maybe- doing a great job. But if your goal is to change the minds of other people who don’t yet see the world as you do, I would suggest finding a better way to voice that opinion. On the surface it seems like you couldn’t give a fuck about changing the minds of the 30% of the republican voters who don’t support trump. It also seems like you don’t care about the corruption within the DNC, because “that’s my team don’t you ever question them and by the way look over there at the GOP 🤷‍♂️”

dshd66 t1_irafihb wrote

You're a fucking idiot if that's what you're talking away from this. 🖕

coreydh11 t1_irau06l wrote

You literally told people to blindly vote democrat and you actually think you’re helping 🤦‍♂️ and now you’re pissed at me? Lmao

coreydh11 t1_ir0ktlo wrote

Except we’re not talking about two tribes. The only party that currently has politicians I respect (Dems), also has corrupt politicians that I wish would just end their careers or kick the bucket. The OP I responded to literally just said “fuck those idiots for their lack of understanding”. Such a great strategy, I’m sure the average Republican voter just needs to be told “fuck you” a few more times and they’ll eventually come around. There are no tribes, that’s a facade.

IamSauerKraut t1_ir18uo1 wrote

Right. Not all blue candidates ought to be voted into office, same as not all red candidates will be poor public servants.

Reynard1981 t1_iqya2su wrote

Yeah, if we was to suffer another 4 more years. Fatterman and Shapiro would be the worst thing to happen to PA. We do not want either of them elected.

−51

31November t1_iqyeiey wrote

If you have to resort to fat shaming, you’ve already lost.

Gtfo loser

[deleted] t1_iqyexts wrote

[removed]

−11

31November t1_iqyg5m5 wrote

Your only critique is changing his name to say “Fatterman” instead of “Fetterman.”

That’s a middle-school level attempt at an insult. Get a policy platform or leave the room so the adults can have a real conversation.

bastardosybastitdos t1_iqyjhuk wrote

To be fair, maybe this guy can’t spell or be civil. It could be that he’s just not op bright and very angry. Give him the benefit of the doubt.