Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

chaos-born OP t1_ir2rue4 wrote

Nobody in my school has them. 💀 Staff started working on them today, it's the fifth week of school. Where do I fall short? I'm afraid of reaching out, but my family and friends also said that this seemed kind of weird.

BurghPuppies t1_ir2s51l wrote

Reach out. Attend a school board meeting and bring it up if you have to. Go to the office daily if you have to.

heili t1_ir59ceo wrote

He said university, so they probably don't have "school board meetings", although I've never heard of a university where ID cards were just '"passed out on the first day of class".

I had to go to to the university's ID center to get my picture taken and they produced and handed me the card there. If you don't know where to start, or you're not being helped, the university should have an ombudsman's office. Given that the university student ID card is almost always used for everything from registering for classes to public transportation, it seems unusual to go this long into a semester without one.

BurghPuppies t1_ir5ri9s wrote

Sorry, you’re right, he did say university. I don’t believe five weeks into classes they don’t have IDs, though. How are students getting in & out of dorms? Getting meals in cafeterias? Just doesn’t sound right.

heili t1_ir5v5ok wrote

Right. OP's story doesn't add up. I had my first university ID before the semester started. Got it when I went a couple of months before to register for classes. I couldn't do shit without it. Couldn't use the library, ride the bus, get into the dorm, eat at the cafeteria, register for a class, go to the laundry... nothing.

chaos-born OP t1_iriwq79 wrote

A friend of mine goes to the college across from mine, they got thiers during the first week of school. During my first week of school, I got my schedule and a key card, which is what we use to get in and out of the building, as well as around certain areas around the school, such as the office area where I could speak to the principal and what have you.

heili t1_iriwzid wrote

What the fuck kind of college has a principal?

chaos-born OP t1_irixi0x wrote

If they go by a different title of profession, I wouldn't know, but since I'm transitioning from high school and I'm used to how things were done then, that's what I call them. They're just someone who emails the students every once in a while to see how they are doing, also who students would come to if they missed a class.

chaos-born OP t1_iriwfts wrote

We use our key cards for that, which as teachers said, can't be used for identification. One girl mentioned how whenever she had to take care of things, like when she was looking for a job, she pulled out that card and couldn't use it for that reason.