Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BFreeFranklin t1_is1zj9f wrote

I’m just some person on the internet, so you should completely ignore what I’m about to say and confirm for yourself, but:

I believe that without an explicit renewal, the lease goes to month-to-month, and most of the other terms remain the same (assuming they are not otherwise in violation of the law).

EAR120662 t1_is1zrr6 wrote

When your lease expired, it converted to a month to month tenancy. All the terms of the expired lease remain in place with the exception of the rental amount.

maxwellington97 t1_is2hbc9 wrote

Read your lease. Ours contains a clause that if neither party does anything 60 days before it ends it automatically renews for another year with the same terms.

dmriggs t1_is48lnx wrote

Yes this. you have to read the fine print carefully

Bird_Brain4101112 t1_is2ax5q wrote

Generally once the lease ends, if you don’t sign a new one, you go to month to month. So the lease terms are still valid.

Fstmiddy t1_is23o64 wrote

The previous two comments are accurate....However, since you're in a month to month, you aren't required to give 60 day notice. You can as a courtesy, but that's just going to accelerate things if the landlord wants to find a new tenant sooner.

Your best course of action if you do give 60 days is to pay for those two months up front with the notice. That gives you some protection if they decide to screw you over within those 60 days.

dmriggs t1_is48p6w wrote

It depends how it's worded in the lease because it worked both ways I have 60 days and they have 60 days right of notice

dalex89 t1_is2r1i1 wrote

You're technically under month to month however check your lease to make sure it doesn't require a 60 day notice. Even month to month you may be required to give 60 days. Meaning if you want to move out this month, you should have said something 6 weeks ago.

I am also month to month and my lease says I have to give 60 days, despite it technically being up

susinpgh t1_is2dk6k wrote

Please indicate a location. This is a regionally specific subreddit, and there is no indication of location is your post.