Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Mor_Tearach t1_itg2vaj wrote

It's worth a literal funeral. I've always considered PA one of the loveliest states we have because it was. Then I guess some scout for one of these landscape murdering companies saw the ' commercial ' possibilities and called his landscape slaughtering buddies.

Before anyone says ' but jobs ', as has been pointed out we have a plethora of already decimated sites near cities where one of those things would actually be an improvement on miles of deserted, rotting industrial sites. Steelton for one. There's others. So I don't get insisting on carving up what's left of beautiful landscape.

Smith801 t1_itg4wip wrote

Agreed. PA is a beautiful state as I grew up in the Poconos. These jobs aren’t even jobs people want…warehouse jobs are not long term as it’s physically demanding on the body.

Mor_Tearach t1_ithiq9m wrote

I have a feeling one day there's going to be some huge investigation, " Bribes, payoffs and corruption, why PA was butchered into warehouse sites ".

Poconos is quintessential PA pretty. We're lucky to have SO much. Wish they'd leave it alone.

Smith801 t1_itino8d wrote

I hope that day will come soon but I’m not optimistic.