Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

byndrsn t1_itcks2j wrote

Warehouses, we need more Warehouses

mitchdwx t1_itcmq33 wrote

We especially need more empty warehouses that do nothing but destroy farmland and create an eyesore!

byndrsn t1_itcppbe wrote

yes. In Berks developers are building some with no customers to rent the space yet. Two that I know are still for rent.

five_eight t1_itcr3jn wrote

I went to a township meeting couple years ago. Neighbors were outraged. Township supervisors didn't make a peep until one got the developer a cup of coffee: "Here ya go, sir".

ohmymother t1_itnr9gm wrote

There is a giant one in Hatfield on 309, that still appears mostly empty. Based on the size I was sure it was going to be an Amazon FC or something on that scale. It’s been finished about a year and I only see a handful of cars ever. A bunch more going up around harleysville. I actually have an e-commerce home based business so I’m kind of hoping when I grow a little bigger it’ll make it easier to find an affordable commercial lease, but as a resident they are so ugly. Plus there is a lot of rezoning that could help convert struggling shopping centers and malls into smaller scale warehouse/flex space. The future is smaller more nimble distribution that is closer to the end customer.

byndrsn t1_itppz5s wrote

> but as a resident they are so ugly

the one I saw on RT 183 in Berks is ghastly.

browneyedgirlpie t1_itd0gw6 wrote

This happened near us too. While other, existing warehouse spaces remain empty.

yeags86 t1_itgdmnt wrote

Where are those at? Granted I don’t wander too far from Shillington anymore these days since I work at home and I’m a bit of a hermit.

zdelusion t1_itcufmz wrote

Also, more truck traffic and diesel fumes please. If everything could become like 78 that would be so awesome...

bk1285 t1_itdn4mj wrote

Well you know what happens once you start getting a lot of truck traffic? Talk of making the road a toll road

kormer t1_itcmlw4 wrote

Central PA is less than a day's drive to nearly half the population of the US. Combined with cheap land, it's the ideal location for distribution warehouses on the East Coast.

browneyedgirlpie t1_itczjdj wrote

Yeah but I like wooded areas with wildlife more than truck noises. The article is about more growth on Carlisle Pike in Cumberland County. I live in northern York County. So equally on the outskirts of the Burg, just in a different direction.

My suburban neighborhood is next to 2 amazon warehouses, FedEx depot, and a chewy warehouse, among several other smaller ones.

Lost semi trucks rip up our yard when try and turn around in my cul de sac. They just installed 'no truck turn' signs at the entrances to tge development, that I don't think lost drivers will see. The guy who knew what he was doing at fedex must've retired or died bc the new guy drops trailers so loudly overnight. We have deer that live in a pathetic 10 foot strip of trees between a road and the fence to these warehouses.

When we bought this home, we knew of the 1 amazon and FedEx. There was a thin row of townhomes and trees to block the light from those and back then the fedex noise was significantly less than it is now.

A key selling feature for our home was that our township doesn't allow anymore warehouses or strip malls to be built. What we didn't know at the time was that the main road outside of our development is the township line.

The township next to us cleared 2 million square feet of wooded area for the warehouses across the street. The whole deal was done behind closed doors and it was very controversial. Citizens tried to fight it but were told it was a done deal. There are people on that twp board who have been accused of multiple acts of corruption, it's an ongoing fight with the citizens. In this case, it's big warehouse company (goodman logistics) seeing the opportunity that comes from local corruption in low income areas. Amazon and chewy just happen to be the tenants.

IamSauerKraut t1_itd09h1 wrote

Why are the "people on the twp board who have been accused of multiple acts of corruption" not bounced from office or referred to the AG's office?

browneyedgirlpie t1_itd0nxx wrote

IamSauerKraut t1_itd2g0d wrote

I remember that article about the office kerfuffle. Personality conflicts and defamation more so that corruption. Wintermyer does seem like a bit of a dingus.

CltAltAcctDel t1_itd8gtu wrote

>Yeah but I like wooded areas

>My suburban neighborhood

What do you think your suburban neighborhood was before it became a neighborhood?

browneyedgirlpie t1_itdcksq wrote

It was actually a field before the development, it wasn't wooded. Large trees don't do well in this immediate area because it's solid limestone about 8 inches down. But wooded areas are all around it, at least until they cleared them for warehouses.

kormer t1_itd3zrf wrote

> Yeah but I like wooded areas with wildlife more than truck noises.

So do I, and I found that in Central PA, I'm sure you can too. I wouldn't even say you need to look hard enough, it's literally all around you.

browneyedgirlpie t1_itd47vx wrote

You mean until it's sold off for warehouses.

kormer t1_itdd1ph wrote

If it's that important to you, you are welcome to buy it yourself and have it be open space forever.

And before you said anything, I've actually done that. Myself and a few neighbors partnered with The Nature Conservancy to purchase about 20 acres of woodland surrounding our properties. We needed to put up a portion of our own funds, the development rights were transferred to another property (see TDRs ), and The Nature Conservancy also provided a grant as well as agreed to be the permanent custodian of the land.

browneyedgirlpie t1_itdi2e4 wrote

It's too late, it's already sold and developed. But that's good information for other people concerned with undeveloped areas near them. People didn't even know this was a possibility though.

Part of the issue with this is that the board changed the status of the land from 'by right' to 'conditional use' without appropriately notifying or involving the public.

Residents noticed people surveying the area and spoke up, only to discover it was already a done deal.

https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/money/business/2016/07/07/newberry-chairman-residents-warehouses/86765334/

Daywalkingvampire t1_itdyeir wrote

It sounds like someone higher up was greasing palms to have people look the other way.

browneyedgirlpie t1_itdyoaw wrote

That's what people suspect.

Daywalkingvampire t1_itdzg95 wrote

Amazon tried to build a warehouse in Churchill here in the Pittsburgh area. the citizens banded together and Amazon was forced to back down.

IamSauerKraut t1_itczzqw wrote

There are under-utilized, developed spaces around the major cities that are also less than a day's drive to nearly half the population of the US, not to mention that they are a heck of a lot closer to the container ships from which most of the goods arrive.

kormer t1_itd46pg wrote

Great, nobody is stopping you from starting your own logistics company and locating in those areas. If they're as good as you say, I'm sure you'll have a competitive advantage and make lots of money off it.

sixplaysforadollar t1_itd4xje wrote

Wow really? That’s an interesting tidbit. There is a lot of distribution hubs in pa I noticed but I didn’t know that fact

GratefulHead420 t1_itdaovk wrote

Warehouses also need a lot of workers, and as warehouse density increases, there becomes a shortage of people who will do that kind of work.

ftsk4201 t1_itdhztw wrote

As long as the pay is good they’ll have workers. I work in a huge warehouse and no shortage of workers

Er3bus13 t1_itdftvy wrote

I mean who needs a watershed or places to grow things?

dherrmann t1_itghwit wrote

A warehouse today is what today's Kmarts are.

Meandtheworld t1_itcx3jq wrote

Bring back jobs.

−9

IamSauerKraut t1_itd0bue wrote

Bring back jobs to whom? Seems all those who want to work are already working.

ell0bo t1_itdjsre wrote

what jobs need brought back? We're at record unemployment, part of the reason for inflation.

Friendly-Effect-1691 t1_itcu4ou wrote

The sad part is this warehouse will probably end up treating it's employees like shit, just like 98% of all the other warehouses around here. I really like Central PA(I'm originally from the West Coast) for the most part, but my biggest complaint is the employers.They will stand there shaking your hand smiling, with a knife behind there back!

Ur_Mom_Loves_Moash t1_itdhni3 wrote

I bet the sites also get the 10 year property tax free benefits. These new sites, along with other existing ones that are far in the hole with property taxes are seeing their taxes waived between 65-100% under LERTA.

It's all a bunch of bullshit.

cheap-drinks t1_itd0gca wrote

i honestly don't know how they stay in operation you never hear positive things about any of these warehouses

[deleted] t1_itde72m wrote

It’s creating jobs. It’s adding value to citizen’s lives. If they don’t agree with the treatment of workers they don’t have to work there. It’s a cold world we live in. Newsflash: Most large large employers don’t care about their employees. You don’t have to work there if you don’t agree with it. But for some people it is the only opportunity they can get and it will help improve the economy.

−13

IamSauerKraut t1_itgzj8g wrote

The warehouses never seem to contribute their fair share of local taxes.

Why is that?

Where is the "adding value to citizen's lives" there?

[deleted] t1_ith0pmz wrote

Because it is getting people working. It gives them money. It improves their life.

I don’t know about the tax thing but if it gets people inthe area working it will improve the local economy and could increase the amount of people looking to move out to central pa which results in building better infrastructure, more jobs, more money, cultural improvements etc.

I am originally from Central Pa. I think it would help create some opportunities for the people nun this region that don’t have much

IamSauerKraut t1_ith2tfq wrote

Your 2nd paragraph is provable nonsense. The increase in warehouses has brought more truck traffic and more properties not contributing to the tax base. Cannot improve infrastructure without them paying taxes.

Well, you can improve the infrastructure, but the people paying are not the warehouse owners. LERTA is a screwjob on the taxpayer.

And the additional warehouses has done what exactly for "cultural improvements," whatever the hell that is?

[deleted] t1_ithfqke wrote

Your missing my point. I’m not arguing that more warehouse will result in cultural improvement, I’m arguing with the improvement in the economy and infrastructure, eventually the quality of life can improve thus resulting a better culture from central PA that isn’t based from poverty and the dread that people feel when they have no opportunities.

Central Pa for years has always been tight knit small communities but not a lot of opportunities and a bad drug (meth) culture alot of people would rather move out than move in. I am was one of those people that really wanted to get out because of my views on limited opportunities and the amount of burnouts and meth heads in my area.

IamSauerKraut t1_ithhb70 wrote

After decades, the predicted improvements to infrastructure have yet to appear. Developers are not building the warehouses to do anything but fill their pockets with cash. If LERTA helps them avoid putting money into the infrastructure improvement fund, they are all in regardless of the toll shitty roads and other deficiencies puts on their tenants or the local communities.

writergeek313 t1_itczn3z wrote

Cumberland County

Carlisle

Hidden Meadows

A community of 37 townhomes has been proposed near H Street and North West Street.

East Pennsboro Township

199 Associates Lot 2

The construction of 174 multi-family units is proposed near East Penn Drive.

Northeast Fire and Rescue

The construction of the new 23,681-square-foot fire station is proposed at the Northeast Fire and Rescue Station.

Lemoyne

Taco Bell

The demolition of the existing Taco Bell restaurant and drive-thru dry cleaner is planned and a new 2,722-square-foot Taco Bell building, with a double drive-thru layout is planned at 655 N. 12th St.

Mechanicsburg

John Gross & Company

The purpose of this plan is to obtain approvals near East Green Street for two building additions to the existing warehouse building, six additional parking spaces and additional paved areas to access the building additions.

Middlesex Township

Letort Estates

An apartment complex consisting of four buildings with ten, three-bedroom apartments and twenty-four, two-bedroom apartments has been proposed near Claremont Road and Harmony Hill Road for a total of 34 apartments.

Jefferson Court II Phase II

Twelve single family homes are planned off of Petersburg Road.

Middlesex Township/North Middleton Township

Take 5 Car Wash and Oil Change

Proposed work includes construction of a new 4,248-square-foot drive-thru car wash as well as a new 1,421-square-foot oil change facility at 1910 Trindle Road.

Silver Spring Township

HSS Investors

Three warehouses totaling close to two million square feet of space have been proposed for the Hempt Farm across from Cumberland Valley High School off of the Carlisle Pike.

Stephenson Office Building

Stephenson Enterprises plans to construct a 12,130-square-foot office building at the Carlisle Pike and Silver Spring road.

South Middleton Township

Towneplace Suites by Marriot

A 93-room, five-story, 11,547-square-foot hotel is proposed to be constructed near Commerce Avenue.

Southampton Township

Southwood Crossing Phase 8

The construction of 36 residential single family building lots have been proposed as part of Southwood Crossing Phase 8 near East Clarissa Drive.

Southwood Crossing Phase 9

The construction of 41 residential single family building lots have been proposed as part of Southwood Crossing Phase 9 near Woodridge Drive.

South Newton Township

Poultry building

The construction of a 17,148-square-foot poultry building is planned near Mountain View Road.

Upper Allen Township

Autumn Chase Phase II

The construction of 56 residential units of 32 townhomes and 24 duplex are proposed as part of Autumn Chase Phase II.

Chick-Fil-A at the Mills at Shepherdstown

The construction of a 4,997-square-foot restaurant and drive thru with three lanes is proposed.

Dauphin County

Derry Township

Mixed-use development

A Sheetz convenience store and fuel service; a mixed-use building that will contain a restaurant, apartments, and retail space; a dialysis center and a daycare center called Kiddie Academy are proposed for an approximately 7.42 acres of land located in the southwestern quadrant of the intersection of West Governor Road and Fishburn Road.

The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company plans to retain an existing Reese manufacturing plant, demolish the former Friendly’s and construct a 248,594-square-foot manufacturing/warehouse facility. Access to the site is from Reese Avenue and from a private driveway to the west of the intersection of Route 422 and University Drive.

Comparative Medicine Facility

The Comparative Medicine Facility located on the main campus for Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center consists of multiple lots. The proposed expansion is in Lot 1, which contains 191.97 acres. The expansion is to take place in two phases. The first phase, which has been completed, was to demolish the existing kennels and install two new research trailers. The second phase is to expand the building in two places, resulting in an increase of floor area of roughly 10,000 square feet.

East Hanover Township

Creekvale Phase VI

Two five-unit townhome buildings are proposed near Lenker Drive. The previous five phases that were approved are in West Hanover Township and include 133 units.

PennDOT Stockpile site

The proposed stockpile site is planned for 9147 Allentown Blvd. The plan proposes an 806-square-foot personnel building, a 200-square-foot shed, a 3,375-square-foot salt building, a 900-square-foot brine tank enclosure.

Lower Paxton Township

Elizabeth Village

This is a proposed residential development that would consolidate four existing tracts located off Colonial Road into one parcel, totaling 48 acres, to allow for a 233 townhome unit, age-restricted community. The site is currently zoned Institutional, which allows for the Residential Retirement Development option that generally accommodates residents aged 55 and older. Additionally, the plan proposes 23.6 acres of open space along with 2.5 miles of pedestrian pathways that consist of walking trails and sidewalks to provide access throughout the community. The property is near Hillside Avenue.

Lower Swatara Township

Triple Crown/Union Knoll

Triple Crown Corporation is proposing to build 111 townhomes on a 22.8 acre property near Oberlin Road.

Swatara Township

Faulkner Dealership Campus

The Faulkner Organization proposes to combine two lots, refit one existing building to make it two dealership buildings, demolish two smaller buildings and construct one new dealership building to create an automobile sales and service campus with four different dealerships at 3801 Paxton St.

Adams County

Abbotstown

Affordable Pet Supply

The company is proposing a light manufacturing facility at 300 Pleasant St.

Germany

Gerrick Overlook

Spencer Development plans to build 71 single-family homes on Frederick Pike.

Gettysburg

Gettysburg Tour Center

Felty Investments plans to build a new tour center building at 700 Baltimore St.

Hamilton

Redding Properties

The company proposes a hotel/restaurant with parking lot and garages at 3345 Carlisle Pike.

Hamiltonban Township

Petrus Holdings

The construction of a chapel, two storage buildings and 14 hermitages on Swamp Creek Lane is proposed.

Mount Pleasant Township

Colonial Ridge Phase IV

There are 39 proposed townhomes planned at Two Taverns Road.

Straban Township

Gettysburg Hilton Garden Inn

Aria Partners proposes the removal of several parking spaces to accommodate a four story, 24 room addition to the existing hotel at 1061 York Road.

Kortney Meadows

Woodhaven Building & Development plans to build 151 single family homes on Old Harrisburg Road.

ycpa68 t1_ite4k4w wrote

Not listed here but Dillsburg is getting a new fresh focused grocery store

Mor_Tearach t1_itd4v69 wrote

We had to do a round trip up 78, from Dauphin to 78 through Berks and into Bethlehem. One of the most gorgeous drives PA had- now warehouse after warehouse after WAREHOUSE. Bethlehem? Outskirts are simply shredded. It's heartbreaking.

Then the first one went up in our area, around Millersburg. Luckily a lot of the valley is owned by Amish who simply never sell- so some will be saved.

SilverVixen23 t1_iteq6rn wrote

I'm in the Bethlehem area and it's absolutely disgusting to say the least regarding all the beautiful fields and woods that have been destroyed in just the past few years to make room for such ugly structures. Just in the ~3 miles around my house, 9 warehouses, two non-luxury hotels, two housing developments, and a huge CarMax have been built over what used to be fields/farmland/woodlands in the past 10 years (and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head). That's also not even including any other places like restaurants, gas stations, or stores, or the other eye sores being built outside my home radius.

Seems like everywhere I look now there's either concrete warehouses or $600k cookie-cutter houses.

Edit: oh, and did I mention that half of those warehouses aren't even occupied/owned?

Mor_Tearach t1_iteskzl wrote

We saw that! Every time we drove up ( rats, forgot the name of the road, turn left at Waffle House after getting off 78, left going out above town ) there were the old churches, cemeteries, all the pretty stuff we knew with those huge monstrosities still going up- never saw one with a car in the ugly parking lot.

Bethlehem was so incredibly beautiful and it was impressive how well maintained the old Moravian history was preserved- loved the place. It was bad enough seeing 78 lined with those things, seeing Bethlehem itself destroyed was wrenching as hell.

Smith801 t1_itexhpr wrote

Driving down 33 to get to 22 used to be beautiful as well. Now all you see are warehouses in the distance…really sad.

Mor_Tearach t1_itg2vaj wrote

It's worth a literal funeral. I've always considered PA one of the loveliest states we have because it was. Then I guess some scout for one of these landscape murdering companies saw the ' commercial ' possibilities and called his landscape slaughtering buddies.

Before anyone says ' but jobs ', as has been pointed out we have a plethora of already decimated sites near cities where one of those things would actually be an improvement on miles of deserted, rotting industrial sites. Steelton for one. There's others. So I don't get insisting on carving up what's left of beautiful landscape.

Smith801 t1_itg4wip wrote

Agreed. PA is a beautiful state as I grew up in the Poconos. These jobs aren’t even jobs people want…warehouse jobs are not long term as it’s physically demanding on the body.

Mor_Tearach t1_ithiq9m wrote

I have a feeling one day there's going to be some huge investigation, " Bribes, payoffs and corruption, why PA was butchered into warehouse sites ".

Poconos is quintessential PA pretty. We're lucky to have SO much. Wish they'd leave it alone.

Smith801 t1_itino8d wrote

I hope that day will come soon but I’m not optimistic.

IamSauerKraut t1_itgz6gv wrote

That drive up 78 by itself is painful with all the construction and truck traffic. Do those rigs really need to beside-by-side drag racing up the hills at 40 mph with their 4-ways on? Those of us behind them already know they are going slow so why bother with the 4-ways? And the combos swinging side-to-side across the lanes. Do those drivers not know how to handle those rigs??

Mor_Tearach t1_ithhp64 wrote

35 years ago my parents were in one those accidents on 78 in a construction zone- the ones where a semi hit them from behind, squished them into the semi infront. The thing is, it was right around one of the same spots STILL under construction. Hopefully there's an explanation, 78 has been under construction since the American Revolution or something ( before anyone jumps on that it's a joke ).

I might really HOW?

And wow no, no one knows how to drive through there. Then they stopped patrolling it . Cameras take a photo and send speeders a ticket.

Mijbr090490 t1_itcf7ri wrote

Great. More reasons to move out of central pa.

augustoersonage t1_itckkdu wrote

Growth is fine and necessary. It's just depressing that there seems to be no awareness or appetite for intelligent growth in CPA. The only plan ever is to build some large footprint warehouse or facility or shit housing on farmland. Alternative: comprehensive planning with designated light industrial zones, preservation of open space, and transit-oriented development. I know, I know. It's really out there. And yes, I do have a degree in city planning, since you asked.

TacoNomad t1_itcoq6m wrote

It would help if growth came from appropriate reinvestment into infrastructure. PA keeps letting companies destroy our resources. Gas companies should be funding our highway repairs, not citizens.

And old roadways need to be revamped to accommodate trucks. All Of the warehouses. Off of 83, and most ramps have zero merge lanes. Exit ramps with stoplights at the top of a slope means only one trucks make it through each light cycle Takes only 3 trucks to back traffic up onto the interstate.

These companies should be paying to upgrade the community, not getting tax breaks to destroy it.

Mor_Tearach t1_itd54yn wrote

I'll drive every back road I can, I don't care how many traffic lights to avoid 83. It's always been ridiculous, who in hell designed that anyway? More traffic on it? Can't imagine.

scotticusphd t1_itekop6 wrote

Maybe central PA shouldn't keep electing the same shitty politicians who'd rather impeach Philadelphia's DA instead of doing their fucking jobs.

WookieeSteakIsChewie t1_itcg52a wrote

Because the economy is growing?

Mijbr090490 t1_itchcsi wrote

I mean yea, that's good. I just prefer to live somewhere that hasn't been turned into a hellscape of warehouses and fast food chains.

WookieeSteakIsChewie t1_itcii2r wrote

So I assume you're leaving the country?

Mijbr090490 t1_itcit15 wrote

No. Just somewhere more rural. It may come as a surprise to some but I can definitely survive without fast food and the retail shopping experience.

WookieeSteakIsChewie t1_itclgfv wrote

Good luck. I live on 170 acres and still have a Sheetz within 5 minutes and Chick-fil-A in 15.

tideblue t1_itcxkr9 wrote

Every new commercial business these days falls into the following categories: gas station/fast food, car wash, medical facility, senior community, or warehouse. If you add luxury apartments and new homes on old farmland, that's nearly all that happens in PA. It's just depressing at this point. Drive on 81 and it's warehouses and farms (and farms turning into warehouses) for miles./

internetcommunist t1_itcvox8 wrote

Yes mmm more gas stations and big warehouses and fast food surely there is no better way we could use all of this very limited and valuable land

OfficialBenY t1_itdr6va wrote

Will we even have any space left for the parking lots 😢

rjb5065 t1_itcuvbq wrote

Penn live has paywall now? Kek

blacklisted_again t1_itdaf68 wrote

Don't forget all the tax abatements these warehouses are getting from local politicians trying to entice companies here. The trucks then proceed to grind the surrounding roads and infrastructure to dust which cost local residents increasingly more. The increase in local taxes from payroll deductions of these jobs almost never cover the added costs of maintenance on this infrastructure. Politicians gain by saying they brought jobs, but never open the books to reveal the long-term costs of these deals.

shewy92 t1_itcr5ep wrote

As if the Pike needed more traffic

IamSauerKraut t1_ith035m wrote

Don't be on the Pike after 6 pm between Blue Mountain and New Stanton. 90% trucks and non-stop construction. Did that trip the other day and it was about 40 mph all the way. A long slog interrupted only by the Texas-tagged vehicle going 20 mph thru the tunnels by MM 201.

BirdBarista t1_itczd3f wrote

They're building a Chick-fil-A down the street near my house and I'm dreading how bad the traffic is going to be when it's finished 😒

spicynuggies t1_itdb5qi wrote

Drive thrus are so bad for traffic and just obstruct the street to anyone walking or biking around with all the in and out cars

yadda4sure t1_itebx9v wrote

CV used to be called Cow Valley because it was surrounded by farms. Now I guess it will just be Congested Valley with awful warehouses across the street.

RUIN_NATION_ t1_itdtao1 wrote

I wanna see some wawa's farther into central PA I know they talked about but we need them lol. warehouse wise I could show you 5 prime warehouses that are only 10 years old and are empty.

hedgerow_hank t1_itcxs10 wrote

Golly! Warehousing! Who could have seen that coming?

Possibly going to tuck them in and amongst the 1,000 other supercenter distribution points along 78 north of Lebanon?

Hot4toes t1_ite3w98 wrote

If you build it they will come

ProleAcademy t1_itf2dd0 wrote

You just listed four things I would cite to describe what Central PA is full of already

devilspeaksintongues t1_itcmsht wrote

Sheetz, Warehouses, and Chikin BBQ every saturday. Ahhh living the dream PA

IamSauerKraut t1_itd0wwj wrote

Shitz, Rutters, Wah Wah, Cumberland Farms, and 7-11 all in a row because gas station coffee has gotta be able to compete with Starfucks somehow.

MotleyLou420 t1_itefjda wrote

No more warehouses. We're all working from home now.

Ct-5736-Bladez t1_itconmt wrote

Anyone have the full story? Cant read the latter half

five_eight t1_itcrcxr wrote

...and "good schools" sprawl is why you see so much roadkill.

jryan14ify t1_itdi1il wrote

This headline is exactly what I think of when I think of central PA

IrrumaboMalum t1_itf9wpt wrote

Yes! Yes! More Sheetz!

Spread the gospel of the Sheetz!

Down with Wawa!

DonBoy30 t1_itfvigb wrote

I remember the woods around the humbolt industrial park in Hazleton were supposedly protected “wet lands.” However, every time I have to take a load from my park to Hazleton more and more trees are flattened and another warehouse goes up. I’ve heard they’re even expanding outward to the other side of i81. Traffic is abysmal as it is, I can’t wait until we are void of any trees left for the sake of warehousing cheap shit so I can be stuck in traffic always.

[deleted] t1_itddq6p wrote

This is supposed to be a positive story… jobs are being created in central Pa yet all you people care about are “how bad the warehouses will look” and “how it’s destroying farm land”

I can tell that none of you are actually from central PA

−7