Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

festerwl t1_ixa2r7q wrote

Hit up r/Justrolledintotheshop and you'll see exactly why the safety inspections are a good thing.

Sure there's some shit shops out there but every shop I've been in has the labor rates listed and you're within your rights to say no and walk away.

--Cr1imsoN-- t1_ixa3ivz wrote

Believe me, I know that some people really shouldn't be driving the vehicles they drive. But at the same time if we are required to get state inspections then consequently shops should be required to adhere to fair market rates and not overcharge simply because they know that you're legally required to get a state inspection.

dav3y_jon3s t1_ixa7ksy wrote

Most do. The rates are set by what area your in and vary widley. In my are most shops are under100 and hour labour just over the mountain from me most are over 100.

BigMoose9000 t1_ixbw7cv wrote

There's a lot of posts of sketchy cars, but have you ever seen even 1 post of an accident one of them caused with a mechanical failure?

It just. Does. Not. Happen. This has been studied repeatedly, states that require inspection aren't safer to drive in or have fewer accidents. It's all just a racket.