Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Dispatcher12 t1_iwjcgpa wrote

I got a big stupid ticket in Corning a few years ago and it never showed up on my report. (I live near the border)

always_plotting t1_iwjkabg wrote

Penndot has a FAQ on this, copied below: https://www.penndot.pa.gov/TravelInPA/Safety/Pages/Frequently-Asked-Safety-Questions.aspx Your insurance may be notified of the violation and there may be a surcharge.

"If I get a traffic citation in another state, will I get points on my Pennsylvania driver's license? If you receive a traffic citation for speeding or a similar violation in another state, you will not receive points on your Pennsylvania driver's license. If you fail to respond to that citation, it could impact your license in Pennsylvania. If you receive a DUI in another state, you could face penalties in Pennsylvania. For more information on Pennsylvania's Point System, check out the Pennsylvania Points System Fact Sheet (PDF)."

hypotenoos t1_iwjuhry wrote

NYS tickets don’t transfer over.

Signed, a former NYS resident living in PA with a lead foot.

englishblk t1_iwk1wvq wrote

Pay the fine, it never shows on your record. They only really want you hard earned cash

KindKill267 t1_iwkyxny wrote

This. I got hammered with 3 tickets in Iowa once pretty much because I had an out of state plate. I was driving back from fort sill ok and got pulled over for doing 75 in a 70. I was definitely the slowest person on the road that day. I then got a ticket for having my army spurs hanging from my rear view mirror. I also got a ticket for an unsecured load. I had a giant wooden crate in the bed of my truck filled with all of my army stuff. The cop said it wasn't strapped down. I tried to explain that it was through bolted to the truck bed that way no one could steal it and his response was "I can't tell that from here, no straps it's unsecured.". Total money grab.

drumberg t1_iwmwixw wrote

I'll confirm too. I live in PA and have gotten 2 tickets in Maryland. There were no points on my license. I was going like 30mph over the speed limit for one of them too.

_KnightsDelight_ t1_iwndmjv wrote

Just make sure you pay the fine. Points and the infraction itself will not show up on your PA license record.

IamSauerKraut t1_iwjxf38 wrote

Depends on whether the two states have a recip agreement.

GoodDay4Shorts t1_iwkyzaz wrote

it should count as it's illegal either way, imo

−1