Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cpr4life8 t1_iyo03q7 wrote

You're supposed to but I don't know anyone who has. I currently have 2 motorcycle tags adorning my shed wall. Along with a few tags from FL that I never turned in. As far as I'm concerned they're paid for by me so I'm keeping them.

MarimBeth t1_iyokqo9 wrote

Well you know me now!!! I thought you didn't have to also but got a very strict talking to by the insurance company when I bought my new car.

cpr4life8 t1_iyopf5w wrote

I've never had that problem. I'd be getting a new insurance company if I had somebody lecturing me about something stupid like that.

Fevaprold t1_iyr7xj7 wrote

I sent mine back when I got a new car with a new plate. Why wouldn't you?

cpr4life8 t1_iyrb375 wrote

Why spend the money on a new plate when you can just transfer the existing one?

I mean, as a motorcycle rider I appreciate it because those fees fund the motorcycle safety courses, which allows PA residents to take them for free. But I don't see the point in spending money on something and then giving that something back.

Fevaprold t1_iyrsjf2 wrote

Pure incompetence on my part, that's why! After that I wised up and kept the old plate when I changed cars.

But that's not what this thread is about. It's about someone with a plate but no car to put it on.

cpr4life8 t1_iyrvhcq wrote

Understood. I paid for them so when that circumstance arises I don't return them. Like someone else here mentioned, it's trypically not enforced. If they were going to enforce it they would just send a letter saying that you needed to return the tag so then you return the tag.