Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Haroflolpter OP t1_iz3m2ty wrote

Going off of my county, and I would think this applies to most counties, these rules only apply if the vehicle is visible from the street, or even another property. According to Franklin, I could surround the car in a 7' tall fence and that would be A-okay. I would imagine a garage would be more than fine.

little_brown_bat t1_iz4mf7x wrote

The way the ordinance reads, it says "screened from view" wouldn't a cover achieve this?

Edit: Never mind, says a tarp is not sufficient.
Was this cover an actual car cover, or was it a tarp? I think you would have room to argue if it was an actual car cover.

Haroflolpter OP t1_iz4ms60 wrote

That's what I would have thought, but they specifically say "A covering consisting of a tarpaulin or other similar material shall not be considered adequate for such purposes".

IamSauerKraut t1_iz4nh71 wrote

Is the ordinance from the county or from your municipality? I'd take a look at that and see if it actually applies to your particular situation. Keep in mind you said the vehicle is behind the building - which I would understand as "screened from view."

Haroflolpter OP t1_iz4o544 wrote

I think in this case it would be the municipality? The car is behind another car most of the time, and they say that it has to be concealed from all sides.