Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

colormeslowly t1_j1rx1qf wrote

So technically you do have an income, its just not wages - its money in the form of him taking care of you.

Not sure if any rules have changed but to qualify for medical assistance, they will want to know how you’re financially survivng and telling them you don’t get an income is not going to cut it. That’s why they want proof that you don’t get an income but that in of itself, makes them dig deeper - how are you financially survivng.

They’ll want to know the household income, the household size and living expenses.

Even if you were separated, living on your own with your child - if you get child support, they’ll want to know - it might not be used as income but they’ll still want to know.

If his income exceeds the threshold, then you won’t qualify for pennie/medicaid.

This has been my experience, years ago, i am not sure if things have changed.

bbystrwbrry OP t1_j1rxc2y wrote

Thank you for your insight! I totally understand why they want proof. I was confused on how I can obtain proof based on their drop down options on the Pennie website, but I think I got my answer in another comment :)

Confident_End_3848 t1_j1uct3j wrote

Anybody without coverage could buy insurance on pennie. But to get the subsidy and not pay full price, you have to meet income limits. Medicaid is a completely different program for low income residents with no insurance.